PDA

View Full Version : Best Wax???

Pages : [1] 2 3

stang03
04-10-2006, 12:38 AM
What do you all think is the best wax?? I have tried Natty`s Blue and I love it....do you think there is anything better?? Or something I could put on top of the Natty`s that would make it look better??

Let me know what you think.........

P.S. Here is a link to my car with Natty`s Blue..... http://www.detailcity.org/forums/poorboysworld-com-sponsored-forum/17669-just-few-pics-my-detail.html

joe.p
04-10-2006, 02:40 AM
More nattys :)

Brenton
04-10-2006, 04:58 AM
I love using Souveran, but NB is a close second. Nothing else comes close enough for third.

JaredPointer
04-10-2006, 07:12 AM
Kind of a subjective question, but Pinnacle Paste Glaz & S100 are two of my favorite paste waxes.

Mikeyc
04-10-2006, 08:18 AM
Jared raises a good point. There`s a lot of personal opinion that goes into declaring a wax "the best." It`s a very subjective decision and there are also a lot of factors to consider like . . .

flake pop
wetness
depth of shine
reflectivity
color changing ability
durability
price
brand loyalty
scratch filling ability
ease of application

just to name a few. Also, it should be considered that based on who you ask one or more of these factors may be more important to them than to you. For instance, I could care less about durability but some people only want to wax as little as possible so they are very concerned with durability. There are also a lot of environmental and use factors to consider. If I were a mobile detailer I would be more concerned with the ability to apply a product in direct sun light. Also, people who live in climates with snow ladden winters would want a product that would be strong enough to resist road salt, etc.

Basically, what I am saying is there is no such thing as "the best" wax. This thread gets restarted all the time and everyone puts in a post with their favorite wax and basically you end up with 100 posts with 40 different "best" waxes. When it comes to LSPs I`m with Mike Philips on this one "find something you like and use it often."

klnyc
04-10-2006, 08:26 AM
FK1 PW
FK1 1000
Collinite #845

JeffW
04-10-2006, 08:56 AM
Yep, these threads get started all the time but, none the less, they are always enjoyable. Right?

While Mikeyc points out there are tons of factors that people consider in order to come up with their favs, for my daily driver I only have 1 true concern: durability. On this car I rarely have put wax over my sealant cuz I`m concerned that 150 miles daily (2/3 backroads with bugs, dirt, ect) a wax would not endure very long. I`m leaning towards trying Collinite over my UPP as it seems to be the consensus that Collinite is the most durable of the waxes. So, anyway, could I get a couple pitches regarding the best in terms of durability, in light of my driving pattern?

Thanks!!!!! JeffW

GearHead_1
04-10-2006, 09:59 AM
There is one best wax! Unfortunately it`s not the same wax for each of us and not even the same wax for different vehicles you may own. You just about have to keep trying them until you hit upon the BEST WAX for you. Once you find it you`ll know it and it will be your BEST WAX, at least until you find something better.

stang03
04-10-2006, 10:33 AM
I understand that everyone has their own opinion and that there will be a hundred different answers....but surely one will be mentioned more than another.

I just wanted to get an idea from everyone before I spent money on a $20 carton of wax and used it once because I didn`t like it.

As far as durabilty goes, I want it to be durable but I am more concerned with shine, gloss, depth and so forth....The shinier the better, I can always apply more when the durability is going down....

So keep `em comin!!

CharlesW
04-10-2006, 10:41 AM
The "Best Wax"?
Can`t say.
Haven`t tried them all yet.:)
Posting my opinion wouldn`t show a true pattern since it would only reflect what I like best out of what I have used. That wouldn`t be fair to the hundreds/thousands that I haven`t tried.

Charles

TrueDetailer
04-10-2006, 10:56 AM
Turtle Wax Color Cure, It even comes with a wax stick to fix rock chips.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c231/truedetailer/colorcure.gif

:lmfao :D :bump :rockon :rofl

stang03
04-10-2006, 11:01 AM
Okay let me ask it this way...

What is a good wax to put over Natty`s Blue in order to get more shine,depth, etc....??

Not that Natty`s is bad, I love Natty`s, but I was just wanting to do something more!

CalgaryDetail
04-10-2006, 11:06 AM
depends what you want in a wax. I lovew Nattys Blue. I use it all the time on the family cars, however it is a paste wax and does take a while to apply. When doing a customers car if time is short i tend tp ;earn towards a liquid wax such as Adams butter wax. My fav is nattys but it all depends on what you want.

Bigs
04-10-2006, 11:28 AM
I like P21S a lot... Too bad it doesn`t last long!

lonewolf0420
04-10-2006, 11:31 AM
Okay let me ask it this way...

What is a good wax to put over Natty`s Blue in order to get more shine,depth, etc....??

Not that Natty`s is bad, I love Natty`s, but I was just wanting to do something more!
I top my Natty`s with QW+. Adds shine and slickness. I`ve been wanting to try P21S. I hear it looks great on black.