PDA

View Full Version : Foam cannon / foam gun stopped working

Jpostal
10-25-2013, 04:50 PM
I have had my foam cannon for about a year and half and its worked great, but yesterday it randomly stopped working. `It will just shoot water and not draw soap into the mix. `I`ve read that the mesh screen inside gets clogged but I pulled mine out and it looks ok. `I pulled the top valve out too and its functioning properly it seems. `Any other ideas of why it might not be working?

`

Edit - I believe it was sold as a Ricardo Foam Cannon but its made my MTM which as far as I know is the same as many of the others on the market. `

Jpostal
10-25-2013, 05:12 PM
Ok, so I got it working. `Just in case the screen was plugged up I took it out and soaked it in some wheel acid for a few minutes...I don`t think that was the problem but not sure. `

`

I noticed that when you look down inlet tub (where the gun attached to pressure washer) there is a valve type deal that has a fine slot in it. `I took a little flat tip screw driver and loosened it all the way until it was just loose in the tube. `When I hooked it up to the pressure washer and gave it a go, all the water came out the four little holes just below the diverter knob. `I then reinstalled that little valve or whatever it is and tightened it up good. `Bingo. `Foam.`

`

Hopefully this info will help someone from wasting an hour trying to figure it out.

Accumulator
10-26-2013, 01:26 PM
That kind of stoppage can happen with the GIlmour foamguns too.` I discarded the screened fitting on the pickup tube long ago.