PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Ventilated Seat Kits/Installation

Jim-Houston
10-23-2013, 05:41 PM
Has anyone installed an aftermarket kit to add ventilation to their seats?` I have seen some kits (fans) for sale that you install in the seat cushions.` Right now I am using an aftermarket thing that sits on top of the seats and while fairly effective it is ugly.

`

I`m wondering (1) do the ventilation kits work well, (2) is wiring it into the car`s electrical system difficult, and (3) is installing the on/off switch difficult.

`

Also, would love a referral to a shop in Houston, TX that does the installs professionally.

C. Charles Hahn
10-23-2013, 08:12 PM
Something to consider; does your car have perforated leather seating surfaces? Every factory system I`ve seen has perforations in order to make the ventilation effective. If you don`t already have perf`d leather, you may also have to purchase upgraded seat covers for an aftermarket setup to work....

Jim-Houston
10-24-2013, 06:58 AM
Charles, Excellent point.` I had new leather skins made for my seats that have perforated leather in anticipation of adding the ventilation fans.

`

I needed new leather and thought why not get it perforated so I can possibly add the ventilation fans.` Even if I can`t or don`t add the fans it will still look good, especially compared to the old seats.