PDA

View Full Version : Swirls and rids...

Lexi65
10-08-2013, 09:26 PM
Have not seen any swirls or rids on my like new garage queen black Lexus (although I haven`t used

the `inspection` light). Is it possible that there simply aren`t many? Feedback please

Scottwax
10-09-2013, 12:04 AM
Of course its possible. If you don`t see any, that` good. Hard part is keeping it that way.

Accumulator
10-09-2013, 12:53 PM
Heh heh, you might not oughta spend too much time/effort looking for issues you don`t know you have ;) If it looks good enough that you`re wonderingif it`s OK, then IMO it *is* perfectly OK (and congrats on that :xyxthumbs ).

Lexi65
10-09-2013, 08:47 PM
Thanks Accumulator ... I miss you when I`m not on the site. You`re the best! :-)

David Fermani
10-09-2013, 08:52 PM
No swirls on black!!! That`s a 1st. Unless it`s black metallic.... :)

But hey, if it`s true, it just saved you about 20 hours worth of work!

Accumulator
10-10-2013, 12:46 PM
No swirls on black!!! That`s a 1st. Unless it`s black metallic.... :)

That black metallic Yukon XLD I had simply drove me *NUTS*, bugged me worse that "straight" black as it hid just enough that I`d think it was OK but then, in some weird/specific situation, I`d see flaws that bugged me so much I`d pull it off the road and redo it. Then I was always paranoid that it had new flaws of that nature so I`d ignore my own advice and drive myself nuts constantly inspecting it to make sure it really was staying perfect. And the wash techniques I employed on that huge thing were a bit much even for me :o

OK, it`s been a long time since I had a (regular) black car, so maybe the black metallic really was easier to live with :nixweiss But it sure didn`t seem that way at the time and selling that vehicle was simply a blessed relief because I`d never have to detail it again... took a huge load off my mind even though I did like a lot of things about it.

Heh heh....years later I`m *still* posting about it!