PDA

View Full Version : New Truck

Dozerboy
04-09-2006, 01:52 AM
After a few years of drooling over them I got myself a new diesel GMC 2500HD crew cab 4x4. I fact I bought 2 the first one I bought had 4x4 stickers on it but wasn`t a 4x4. It had everything I wanted and more, until I found out it wasn`t a 4x4 on the way home with it. The one I got didn`t have a few things that I`m going to add and its white I wanted dark grey.

The first one is the day after I got it home after Line-xing the bed the rest are from the other day. I like white now I haven`t had time to wash it yet and with all of the rain and mud it`s been it still looks good.

cwcad
04-09-2006, 03:16 AM
I guess you brought the first one back,eh! Or did you just keep it and get a 4x4 also.?

At any rate I am wishing that I had purchased a diesel. Just like the thought of a diesel engine as my power. Not that I really need one considering that I very seldom haul anything. With a diesel I guess that I could consider it.:)

White is a very good color. Relatively easy to maintain. Certainly hard to see the swirls but not impossible.

Hope you are happy with the vehice that you purchased!!

audiboy
04-09-2006, 09:14 AM
Nice looking truck. Like cwcad said, you shouldn`t have much trouble maintaining a good finish on white.

Dozerboy
04-09-2006, 09:47 PM
I`m a bit of a diesel enthusiast this is a daily driver and will do very little towing at this point. With the power, fuel mileage, resale, and longevity IMO I will never buy a gasser again. My old blazer was black and I was really neglecting the paint I ended up spending two days wet sanding and polishing it before I sold it to get it better shape, to bad I didn`t do it sooner. I am very happy with white it looks ok in those pic and it is filthy. I just hope it looks good when it`s all cleaned up, that is one thing you don`t have to worry about with black.