PDA

View Full Version : Warped Bumpers- Product recommendations ?

Striker
10-02-2013, 01:04 PM
Hi guys-

The foxbody Mustang is typically known for warped and saggy bumper over time. The sag part there is no product fix for, however I was recently inspecting my front and rear bumper and found warp-age throughout the bottom half and the top of the rear bumper. I could be wrong, but it appears as if this is mostly caused by heat/sun exposed on the plastic bumpers for a long period of time.

Is there a product that would battle this quite well? First thing comes to mind is FK 1000 as it is heat resistant. What are your thoughts and what would you put on these plastic bumpers to prevent this from happening?

David Fermani
10-02-2013, 09:52 PM
The only thing you can do is keep it out of the sun. The GT front & rear bumpers were alot worse than the LX`s. You could *maybe* have a bracket fabricated by a body shop to lift up the sagging, but not sure how great this would be??

Striker
10-05-2013, 09:33 AM
Yeah GT bumpers were HUGE.

I thought heat was always the issue but its probably in the way the whole car is put together which is quite frankly; crap. I`ll stick to my Zaino as it hasn`t let me down yet.