PDA

View Full Version : New Car Delivery - Gauge Cluster Prep>>>

imported_SilverStallion
09-29-2013, 11:35 AM
I picked up my new 2014 Explorer Sport with the Twin Turbo motor and love it. I insisted with no prep, and the car was delivered to me untouched...all plastic still on the seats and carpets and paint untouched.

My question is around how to clean the gauge cluster for the first time as it has the typical plastic film type residue on it. I am very OCD and will not tolerate scratches on the cluster. I have used compressed air to blow it off so there is no grit on it. What is best practice to do the first clean on the cluster...they seem to always scratch way too easy!

Thanks for any help that can be shared.

Darren

David Fermani
10-02-2013, 10:14 PM
Congrats on the new purchase!! I would try using a super soft MF dampened with some spray wax or QD to soften the friction. Add some wax after to keep it slick would help too.

Marc Hufnagel
10-02-2013, 11:27 PM
Good luck newer ford cluster plastic lenses will often come new from the lot with scratches. If not, don`t breathe on them; they are that soft.

imported_RedlineIRL
10-06-2013, 06:44 PM
Find the softest MF you can find and lightly dampen it with a quick detail mix of ONR

Concourswanna b
10-07-2013, 03:20 PM
I like Meg`s M18 Clear Plastic Detailer on a section of Webril Wipe. I doesn`t scratch, at least not for me, but it will leave some lint to remove.

Maybe M18 on a fresh Cobra 530 towel, or even a cut off section of a 530. I hate cleaning those lenses.