PDA

View Full Version : Getting paint off of textured mirror?

Ray1528
09-25-2013, 04:40 PM
Hey y`all, working with a 2010 Silverado mirror and it looks like there are some splatters of paint on the textured part of the mirror. I used the search function but didn`t really see anything like I was looking for. I`ll try to attach a picture if I can. Looks like regular automotive paint that just splattered on the mirror. No clear coat. But just trying to figure out how to get this crap off there!

Thanks guys,

Ray

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/26/e6e4uvy4.jpg

Ron Ketcham
09-25-2013, 08:47 PM
Hard to do, Hyundai and Mazda found that out years ago.

They used the ValuGard ETR kit/system and saved thousands of new vehicles mirrors and textured trim from having to be replaced at several million dollars of expense.

You can read their Technical Service Bulletins for the use of the ValuGard ETR on them at valugard.net under the Engineers section at the site.

One kit will do a lot of mirrors, lots of trim, it doesn`t take much and by their testing, the parts done, the finish provided, last longer than a new part. New parts are very expensive, let alone the labor to replace them.

Ray1528
09-25-2013, 09:55 PM
Hard to do, Hyundai and Mazda found that out years ago.

They used the ValuGard ETR kit/system and saved thousands of new vehicles mirrors and textured trim from having to be replaced at several million dollars of expense.

You can read their Technical Service Bulletins for the use of the ValuGard ETR on them at valugard.net under the Engineers section at the site.

One kit will do a lot of mirrors, lots of trim, it doesn`t take much and by their testing, the parts done, the finish provided, last longer than a new part. New parts are very expensive, let alone the labor to replace them.

Yeah I know exactly how much the new stuff costs (Used parts salesman haha). Got this mirror for a customer and I don`t really want to sell something like that. Thanks for the reply and the help! Much appreciated!

Ray

Junebug
09-26-2013, 06:40 AM
Before I spent a lot of money, I`d at least try a little Goo Gone on an old tooth brush to see if it would clean up.