PDA

View Full Version : 10 Year Old Klasse, Should I Use it?

zimmerDN
09-17-2013, 09:34 PM
So I have these bottles so Klasse that`s 10 years old, stored in the garage, in the heat and cold through the years.

Do you think the quality of the product has been compromised???

JohnZ3MC
09-18-2013, 12:56 AM
Maybe, maybe not.

Easy to tell though. Smell it and try to determine if the smell is rancid. Also, shake the stuffings out of it and see what it looks like when you pour a bit into a container. If it looks like normal product, I`m thinking it`ll be good. If it`s separated and won`t stay together, it`s bad and should be thrown out.

So, your eyes and your nose will tell you if it`s ok.

Or, you could send it to me and I`ll run the two tests for you. Mind you, I might not send it back, the AIO is good stuff and the SG works well too.

Accumulator
09-18-2013, 12:56 PM
Mine`s older than that and still works fine. Can`t remember when I got it, but it was over 13 years ago now and it was subjected to some serious temperature extremes.

My oldest bottle of KAIO has separated, clumped, and looks simply awful. Won`t "stay together" properly. Doesn`t smell right either...shows all the signs of having gone bad. But as long as I put a bit of effort into getting a reasonably uniformly-mixed dose of product on the applicator it works good as ever. Anybody would swear it was trash but I`m doing OK with it.