PDA

View Full Version : Statistics on car care habits?

yas
09-12-2013, 08:50 AM
Hi

Are there statistics available on peoples car care habits. There are some web site surveys such as On average during one year how many times do you wash your primary vehicle? GasBuddy.com (http://gasbuddy.com/GB_Past_Polls.aspx?poll_id=224), but looking for something a more detailed and accurate.

For example, information on habits with touchless washes / coin-op, washing at home, frequency with polishing / waxing

Most people I know never hand wash their car, its either tunnel or touchless washes. They might pay for an interior detail occasionally.

Another question - did touchless washes become popular because people actually care about the paint marring? i remember growing up it was all tunnel washes available, not sure how the trend changed to touchless

if statistics aren`t available would be interested to hear anyones opinions. i would estimate about 75% really don`t do much beyond touchless / tunnel wash and the occasional interior detail. i also know a fair number of people who *never* pay to wash their car, and only get a free wash when they take it in for service.

Ron Ketcham
09-12-2013, 10:13 AM
ICA conducts such survey`s every couple of years. International Carwash Association.