PDA

View Full Version : How much for a wax and polish?

AquaHawk
09-08-2013, 02:51 PM
I quoted somebody, for a cargo van that only has 2 seats, that I`d shampoo their seats and steam their interior etc. and I`d polish and was and wax his car for $150 is this a good deal? Or did I cheat myself?

CosminTX
09-08-2013, 10:48 PM
i don`t get my buffer out of bag without a start at $300-450 exterior only ...

I'm_ILL
09-09-2013, 12:07 AM
Here on the east coast you can easily get $150 to detail the exterior of an SUV

AquaHawk
09-09-2013, 09:49 AM
So for a Car, what should I charge for a Polish and a Wax?

David Fermani
09-09-2013, 09:45 PM
I would can that the Clean & Shiny package which includes an All In One polish (HD Speed) then spiff on the interior. Minimum should be $200.

What is your time worth? How long did it take you? 4 hours @ $50/hr = $200. ^^^^

Anthony O.
09-11-2013, 09:37 AM
If you`re doing this as a weekend detailer then charge what you can get cause you`re doing it, I would guess, as a hobby so working 5 or 6 hours for $150 is just some extra spending cash eh?

Now if you`re doing this for a profession then you won`t survive long at those prices. You need to make at a minimum $50 an hour. You need to factor in cost of materials, tools, insurance. Gas if you`re mobile, rent if you have a space, etc.

We charge $60 to $70 for a 4 door sedan to wash, vacuum, windows, wheels, tires. More for trucks. If it`s a regular client we will spray wax with each wash at no extra cost.

Interior detail starts at $95.....and that`s for a pretty clean car. Typical interior detail, steam and extract, door panels, dash is $150.00

For your description of the van I would say more like $200 to $250

brownbob06
09-11-2013, 11:56 AM
Even if youre doing it as a weekend warrior like I am, dont sell yourself short. Believe me, the quickest way to take the fun out of this and make it turn from "I GET to detail a car this weekend to make some money" to "ughh, I have to detail a car this weekend" is to overwork yourself for peanuts.

Http://www.infinigloss.com

You can see my prices there. As you can see, for that level of service I would charge 250, but I would knock off 10% for a combo deal so it would be 225. I get this much all day long, and if they dont like the price they usually drop the interior, which cuts my time down quite a bit and I still get 150.

And im not on the west coast or an area with a high cost of living in NW rural Ohio.

Scottwax
09-11-2013, 02:43 PM
I`m with the others, you need to average $50-60 an hour. Remember, you have to pay taxes out of what you make, pay for your health, car and business insurance, your sick days, vacation, etc.