PDA

View Full Version : Help with carpet cleaning

Striker
08-30-2013, 01:59 PM
Cant seem to get them 100%. Car is titanium gray, so a lighter gray color. Not the easiest to keep it clean.

I went out and bought a wet/dry vac just for this car. Its a 1990 Mustang, and I cant seem to get the passenger side clean no matter what. I`ve scrubbed and scrubbed for hours on Saturday using various bristle brushes and FOLEX. I than vacuumed up the remaining Folex.

No denying, the difference is huge, but there are marks still visible. Some orange looking stains imbedded deep in the carpet. It looks like fluids, and they sat there a LONG time (20 or so years)

Anyone have a step by step for me to try out?

Ron Ketcham
08-30-2013, 02:41 PM
Auto Custom Carpets out of Anniston, Florida. You can find them on Ebay.

Molded to fit, three different levels of grades.

Not expensive and fit right.

Have bought two carpet sets from them, all you need is a couple of screw drivers and some wrenches, take out the old, in with the new.

You could "try to dye the old" but for the money, and results, your own car, not worth it, buy new.

salty
08-31-2013, 01:00 AM
not all stains come out. and wear areas will also be a different color.

Striker
09-03-2013, 02:52 PM
I know that they don`t, I figured id try a different approach but based off the responses here it doesn`t look like theres anything significantly better.

Scottwax
09-04-2013, 08:21 AM
Other than scissors I can`t think of anything to remove stains from 20+ year old carpets that have already been cleaned and the stains are set. Odds are you need to replace or redye the carpets.

Striker
09-05-2013, 04:18 PM
Other than scissors I can`t think of anything to remove stains from 20+ year old carpets that have already been cleaned and the stains are set. Odds are you need to replace or redye the carpets.

Cut the carpet out you`re saying? Ill post pictures in a bit.....