PDA

View Full Version : T5 HO opinions wanted and lighting-in-general

Dellinger
08-23-2013, 01:24 AM
So, :deadhorse: here and yep, shop lighting.

I`ll be short and to-the-point.

I`ve got a 32` x 15` bay in my shop that I`m preparing for detailing.

On the roster of lights I already have (most left by previous owner)...

T-12 8`, HO- 5 of them

T-12 8`- 2 of them

T-12 4`- 3 of them

T-8, 4`- 4 two lamps, 1 four lamp

The 4` lamps pretty much suck but I`ve got them on the `short` walls where an 8` will not fit.

I`ve read that the LED canned lights (PAR 38) are pretty nice for finding defects... but what about T5 HOs (4`, 4 lamp hung from above?)

I`ve got the T12 HO 8 footers on the floor angled 45 degree, upwards, and mounted in the upper corners at a 45 degree down angle. The regular T12 8` are 3` above the floor on each side.

Really looking for what lamps or lighting style for over head. Also... work lights... I have a 1000 watt halogen stand but I noticed Home Depot has a pretty nice LED work light for $99.

I`ve got access to a licensed electrician (father-n-law and brother-n-law) so cost of installation won`t be a factor... just the hardware(s).

Thanks for any feedback,

Dellinger

pwaug
08-23-2013, 06:57 AM
Here`s a thread from Autopia Forums regarding lighting that has some interesting solutions: Finally a comprehensive review of the best bulbs out there... - Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum (http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/show-off-your-garage/40239-finally-comprehensive-review-best-bulbs-out-there.html)