PDA

View Full Version : try me free eagle one bucket wash

Pages : [1] 2

joe.p
04-07-2006, 03:28 PM
You can order the eagle one bucket wash on line but you have to pay for shipping or, get a printable coupon for upto $4.99 and send it in for a rebate..

http://www.eagleone.com/

Jngrbrdman
04-07-2006, 03:44 PM
If you buy it in the store you get a rebate coupon too plus you don`t have to pay shipping. ;)

joe.p
04-07-2006, 03:51 PM
If you buy it in the store you get a rebate coupon too plus you don`t have to pay shipping. ;)
OH well seems to be worthless info then.It might be better to delete the post then let it take up valuable space.

Jngrbrdman
04-07-2006, 04:24 PM
I wouldn`t say it is worthless. Not everybody has easy access to it at a store and they have to order online. It is still good info to post. :bigups It makes a great clay lube when you spray it in water too. I don`t like it as a bucketless wash so much, but I`ll use it as a pre-soak product and as clay lube.

AL-53
04-07-2006, 04:50 PM
Joe..it was a good post...thank you

as said...not every one has a place close by to get to...spend more on gas getting there then shipping cost....

Al

Spilchy
04-07-2006, 05:24 PM
...but I`ll use it as a pre-soak product and as clay lube.

How do you use it as a pre soak? What dilution?

Also, what dilution for clay lube? water:product in a bottle.

Thanks!

Jngrbrdman
04-07-2006, 06:12 PM
I just spray it into a 32 ounce Spray & Wipe bottle that is half full of water. 6 or 7 sprays of the bucketless wash makes for a pretty slick lube. I`m not really using any science when I do it. I just spray it till it feels slick. If it isn`t slick enough, or if it is too soapy, then I add either more product or more water.

As a presoak I rinse the car down and then spray this product all over it. Then when I do the actual bucket wash the dirt and bugs and everything else have been soaking in fairly concentrated soap for a few minutes. You get tons more foam on the car and it gets clean much easier.

This is a great product, but I wouldn`t ever use it as a bucketless wash. You would simply waste too much water doing it that way.

joe.p
04-07-2006, 06:24 PM
Does it break the Claybar down prematurely. I have seen other post where people use soap as a lube and it dissolves the Claybar. jngrbrdmn Have you experienced this?

Jngrbrdman
04-07-2006, 06:42 PM
Nope. I used this as my primary clay lube all of last year since the product was released. I haven`t had any problems with it. In fact, I did some detailing a couple weeks ago where I used the WG clay lube and it worked just as well as my home brew. ...minus the pink fingers, of course. :D

My clay bars are still in fine shape after using this method. I think the secret is that it isn`t as concentrated as typical car wash soap is. It only really took a few sprays for the 16 ounces of water I was using and it was a great clay lube.

Spilchy
04-07-2006, 06:47 PM
I just spray it into a 32 ounce Spray & Wipe bottle that is half full of water. 6 or 7 sprays of the bucketless wash makes for a pretty slick lube. I`m not really using any science when I do it. I just spray it till it feels slick. If it isn`t slick enough, or if it is too soapy, then I add either more product or more water.

As a presoak I rinse the car down and then spray this product all over it. Then when I do the actual bucket wash the dirt and bugs and everything else have been soaking in fairly concentrated soap for a few minutes. You get tons more foam on the car and it gets clean much easier.

Thanks!

Sounds like you use and ounce or two in the sprayer for the lube. I use Meguiar`s #00 in a sprayer like you do - it`s a slick soap.

I have the foam gun to use as a pre-soak, but the EO may be cool to try the way you do in conjunction with a traditional bucket wash.

What soap do you ususally use it with when bucket washing? Do you think the EO plus your soap compromises the sealant or wax?

Thanks again.

joe.p
04-07-2006, 06:51 PM
Nope. I used this as my primary clay lube all of last year since the product was released. I haven`t had any problems with it. In fact, I did some detailing a couple weeks ago where I used the WG clay lube and it worked just as well as my home brew. ...minus the pink fingers, of course. :D

My clay bars are still in fine shape after using this method. I think the secret is that it isn`t as concentrated as typical car wash soap is. It only really took a few sprays for the 16 ounces of water I was using and it was a great clay lube.
Thanks jngrbrdmn..

Jngrbrdman
04-07-2006, 06:54 PM
I doubt it. I haven`t seen any adverse reaction from it. I typically use NXT soap since I like how long the suds last and how little I have to use per wash. I don`t wait 3 or 4 months between layers of sealant, so I really couldn`t tell you if it shortens the life span. I can tell you that for time that I do go between sealant layers (maybe 6 weeks at the longest) I haven`t had any problem with appearance or anything else that would lead me to suspect that it was affected.

00GREENMACHINE
04-08-2006, 04:23 PM

This is a great product, but I wouldn`t ever use it as a bucketless wash. You would simply waste too much water doing it that way.

if you were to spray it directly on to the car what would you say is slick 1-2 sprays per panel?

budman3
04-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Ya, I was going to try out the free one last week but the shipping was like $5 and that`s what I can get it for at Pep boys. May want to try it out sometime though

Jngrbrdman
04-08-2006, 09:30 PM
if you were to spray it directly on to the car what would you say is slick 1-2 sprays per panel?

Probably something like that. Basically you don`t need to overlap the spray no matter how you are using it. Either as a pre soak or a clay lube. Just give the panel a couple shots and off you go. You`ll figure out how it works best for you after about three squirts. :bigups