PDA

View Full Version : DP Coating?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Dan
07-25-2013, 11:41 AM
Detailer’s Paint Coating, nano paint sealant, ceramic paint coating, nano paint coating (http://www.autogeek.net/nano-paint-sealant.html)

Looks like Max has his "own" coating now. Price seems good, who`s the first guinea pig? :madgrin:

mg031
07-25-2013, 01:45 PM
I should be receiving mine today. Might use it either on a titanium silver E90 or a metallic black Toyota Camry first.

I was more interested in their Coating prep polish to also use with OptiCoat and other coatings I have. Cquartz / Gtechniq.

I also picked up their wheel coating to try out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

TroyScherer
07-25-2013, 03:43 PM
I am more interested the the glass "windshield" coating than anything.

DG is already making Squeaky Clean that is the same basic product as the prep polish. A pure chemical cleaner that leaves nothing behind and is made for use before coatings or other LSP`s.

IHA Mark
07-25-2013, 08:14 PM
I`ve got a bottle that should be here tomorrow. I didn`t grab the prep polish because it seems like it doesn`t do anything that Eraser won`t do in 1/3 the time.

C. Charles Hahn
07-25-2013, 08:45 PM
I am more interested the the glass "windshield" coating than anything.

Wonder how closely related to Opti-Glass it is....

pwaug
07-26-2013, 08:14 AM
It will be interesting to see how this product performs as it seems like a real bargin at $50 for enough to coat 10-15 vehicles.

Alfisti
07-26-2013, 12:26 PM
Subscribed

Leadfootluke
07-26-2013, 12:30 PM
I have some on the way, I had a few other items to order and it was on sale. I`m interested in how to performs, I have 3 vehicles in the next couple weeks that I will be putting it on.

Junebug
07-27-2013, 01:49 PM
This is on my list of things to try, price is right and the instructions are easy enough. I also want to try the Prima sealant too. All things in good time.

I guess I should get both!

Dan
07-27-2013, 02:07 PM
They don`t say if it bonds to itself, would be cool if you could layer it.

Leadfootluke
07-27-2013, 07:48 PM
They said not to layer as it could create visible high spots, however they said you can top it with any wax or sealant. I applied a little bit tonight for testing, it smells incredibly chemically too. Very easy to use, I used the cleaner first though.

samhian
07-27-2013, 09:49 PM
Also intersted in the glass sealer....subscribed

pwaug
08-05-2013, 07:40 AM
Since this coating is designed so that it can be topped with your favorite LSP would it make sense to use it as a base coat for over all protection then go on using whatever LSP you like on a regular bases?? Seems like it would also extend the life of the coating if it was always covered with another sealant or wax.

TroyScherer
08-05-2013, 08:39 AM
Since this coating is designed so that it can be topped with your favorite LSP would it make sense to use it as a base coat for over all protection then go on using whatever LSP you like on a regular bases?? Seems like it would also extend the life of the coating if it was always covered with another sealant or wax.

That is how AG is selling and suggesting you use it. They are saying that topping it with a wax or sealant will work great.

But to me this seems contradictory as to why I use a "coating / super sealant". I use them to have the water / dirt shedding and ease of cleaning.

pwaug
08-05-2013, 09:29 AM
But to me this seems contradictory as to why I use a "coating / super sealant". I use them to have the water / dirt shedding and ease of cleaning.

I agree Troy in most cases. My wife`s Golf is non-metallic black and I do enjoy adding an LSP every 3-4 months. I just thought this might add some marring resistance under the wax or sealant while allowing me to obtain the look I want. What do you think???