PDA

View Full Version : Am I Missing Something with BFWD????

pwaug
07-23-2013, 06:46 PM
Finished polishing the car yesterday with HD Polish and decided to use the sample of BFWD I had since I read so many rave reviews about it. Was careful to shake well, applied a thin coat and waited 2 hours before buffing off as it was humid agian. It looked great and it was very slick, but sure didn`t blow me away.

No improvement to my eye this morning after it had a chance to cure.

IMO not much different of a look and slickness than DG 105 at a third of the cost or Meg`s ULW at half the cost. Durability of BFWD is said to be 4-6 months which is the same as DG105 and it appears ULW will also provide long term protection. The practice seems to be to top it with Midnight Sun (I think thats the name) wax which is also pretty expensive and I can`t believe it would look any better than DG105 topped with POXY which I`ve had on the cars for the last year.

So am I missing something?? BFWD seems to be a quality product, but I don`t get all the hype.

tom p.
07-23-2013, 06:59 PM
I think your comparison of BFWDAFPP vs. DG 105 is valid. I was pleased with my use of the BFWDAFPP when I had it on the car not too long ago. I found it extremely e-z to work with. I think the real issue is there is simply myriad excellent product choices without having to spend big money. In fact, the product seems flooded with them, PW...which is good for us :)

Dan
07-23-2013, 10:00 PM
I agree. It`s good but not great. It was king of long term slickness until UW came out. UW lasts longer and sheets water better too.

tom p.
07-24-2013, 06:10 AM
Dan, that`s good to know about Meg`s Ultimate Wax. I have it on a few panels on my own car and did another car with it last week. The initial gloss on the car last week was nothing short of outstanding. I really don`t know how long or how well the product holds up over 6 months...

pwaug
07-24-2013, 06:59 AM
Tom--I had Meg`s Ultimate Liquid Wax on my car for 12 weeks before my recent polishing and the gloss and slickness were as good as day one so it should hold up well over the long haul.