PDA

View Full Version : opti-seal streaking

yas
07-20-2013, 03:34 PM
Hi

Picked up opti-seal, I think its the old version, there is nothing on it to say its a new formula.

First time trying it, I had some streaking. I think what happened was I would sometimes push down on the applicator inadvertently and that would put down a little too much product. My car is white, its also hard to see the product going on.

It was no problem taking care of it where I could see it, I just misted with diluted ONR wash & wax and wiped off.

What lighting is best when working with white paint?

On a side note, I picked up ONR wash & wax, it was first time using it as well. This stuff is incredible. It has really good lubricity, and works great as a QD too

Dan
07-20-2013, 04:45 PM
It certainly streaks when you use too much. I use two sprays to prime a MF applicator, then one spray per panel. Only apply more when the applicator gets grabby.

yas
07-20-2013, 04:57 PM
It certainly streaks when you use too much. I use two sprays to prime a MF applicator, then one spray per panel. Only apply more when the applicator gets grabby.

Agreed, but it still bothers me that any streaking can be hard to see with white paint. I`ll need to figure out what lighting to use

I`m liking the look of opti-seal though, it looks pretty wet even on white paint.

chrisguga
07-21-2013, 08:20 AM
I get streaking on my black car. I just wipe over the whole car with a microfiber when I`m finished to even out any high spots and streaking. Works great.

Fallz
07-21-2013, 01:55 PM
It took me a while to get the hang of using it , but results are worth it. Im almost done with my bottle of ver#1 . Cant wait to try #2.

kajunman
07-25-2013, 01:00 PM
Seeing it is why I no longer have a light grey car. Switched to red. If streaking occurs it usually buffs out easily.

kajunman

yas
08-11-2013, 11:55 AM
I`ve had to do this as well

Just haven`t got had luck applying it.

I waited about 5 minutes before lightly buffing entire car, hope this doesn`t diminish the protection

I have 3 layers now, will see how long it lasts

yas
08-14-2013, 10:43 AM
I get streaking on my black car. I just wipe over the whole car with a microfiber when I`m finished to even out any high spots and streaking. Works great.

I`ve had to do the same thing for now, still getting quite a bit of streaking. I`m priming the pad with 2 sprays, and then usually two sprays per panel. I`ve tried using less product but the pad grabs too much.

I`ve tried just spraying directly into the pad, but it just doesn`t work out, it really grabs unless I spray directly on the car.

After going over the entire vehicle with a microfiber, I can`t see any high spots or streaking. I waited a few minutes before doing this.

Still wondering if I am diminishing the protection by buffing it a few minutes after application.

In any case it looks good to me. I think it actually looks better after a few days of applying it.

Scottwax
08-14-2013, 01:53 PM
Guess I`ve been using it so long I almost never get any high spots with it. Two sprays to prime, half spritz into the pad after that, spread until it feels a touch grabby, then another half spritz. When I apply it, I go back and forth over the area a couple times with the pad, seems to even it out better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaLOgeYEvQA

imported_SilverStallion
08-14-2013, 02:51 PM
How does this product feel compared to a Zaino Z2 or a topper carnuba product? Can you layer Opti-seal for depth and shine?

I am just learning about this product.

Thanks.

Darren

Scottwax
08-14-2013, 03:36 PM
I don`t think any product truly layers. They all have some sort of carrier that will remove part of whats already on the car when you apply more. Two thin applications for even coverage is all you need. Works great and super fast. :)

hukuyajian
08-15-2013, 09:16 AM
It certainly streaks when you use too much.http://healthllife.com/images/images/14.gif

CEE DOG
08-15-2013, 12:21 PM
I`m sure a trick I learned from Fred for UPGP can be used here as well. When unsure if anything is left on applicator touch it to the glass and it will tell you.

dhyjddtjian
08-17-2013, 08:50 AM
It certainly streaks when you use too much. I use two sprays to prime a MF applicator, http://healthllife.com/images/images/14.gif