PDA

View Full Version : How to Apply AIOs?

racer909
07-15-2013, 01:03 PM
I mainly detail cars for friends and family and have been interested in using AIOs to speed up the process. Not looking for a lot of cut, or I would use a polish. Just looking for good cleaning and lasting protection. For this reason (and no shipping) I have decided to go with DG501. I tried it out last week on my 2011 white Jeep GC and I didn`t notice a whole lot of cleaning. I just purchased this vehicle and have not touched the paint prior to last weekend. To me, the paint seemed to be in pretty good shape, so maybe that`s why my pads weren`t very dirty. Anyways, I was using a GG v3 with 5" LC white pads, speed 4 with 2-3 section passes. I used two pads for the vehicle. Should I be doing more section passes? I didn`t think it was necessary to do 5-6 section passes if I wasn`t trying to correct, just clean. Thanks in advance..

Dan
07-15-2013, 01:29 PM
If you want it to really clean well, as in don`t want to clay, you need to load the pad up with a decent amount. Probably a teaspoon for a 5" pad to start with. If you run it too dry, it polishes better but doesn`t clean as well. And its easy to do that because it is so forgiving either way you use it.

racer909
07-15-2013, 03:23 PM
I`ll take the polishing too, I was just wondering if I wasn`t doing enough section passes because my pads were still relatively clean. I probably could have used a little more product, as I was doing a thin "x" pattern per panel. I was worried about it being difficult to buff off so I went a little lean on product.