PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning off white residue from APC on vinyl

zerix
07-13-2013, 08:35 PM
I used some All Clean from Chemical Guys on my interior today on my 99 M3 and the dash is all streaked up with white residue in the cracks, the dash didn`t look bad before I was just getting some dust off and now it looks horrible. I tried some of the Sonus Leather/Vinyl cleaner that I have and scrubbed quite hard with a MF towel and it didn`t do anything. Have I permanently damaged the vinyl? It just looks like white residue in between the cracks, I guess I used too high of a concentrate for the interior :(

Any suggestions?

David Fermani
07-14-2013, 09:54 PM
Sounds like this product was mixed too strong? Can you post a picture? I would wipe it a few times with a damp towel (water). That might remove the chalkiness.

Flycaster
07-27-2013, 10:00 AM
I used some All Clean from Chemical Guys on my interior today on my 99 M3 and the dash is all streaked up with white residue in the cracks, the dash didn`t look bad before I was just getting some dust off and now it looks horrible. I tried some of the Sonus Leather/Vinyl cleaner that I have and scrubbed quite hard with a MF towel and it didn`t do anything. Have I permanently damaged the vinyl? It just looks like white residue in between the cracks, I guess I used too high of a concentrate for the interior :(

Any suggestions?

Real easy to clean off the residue from car paint care waxes...peanut butter. Bet you don`t believe me. I`ll give you odds. Just rub some PB onto the area (use finger or toothbrush) and wash off...no more white crap!