PDA

View Full Version : Air freshener coming from my BMW vents? I`m stumped

ASpec818
07-12-2013, 10:19 PM
So I picked up an E60 a few months back and it had an overpowering coconut air freshener smell in the car. My nose led me to the vents as the culprit. The smell comes out of the vents when the car is both on or off. When I blast the air from the vents, the air smells like coconut. When I close my doors for a couple days, the smell is overpowering when I enter. I checked the cabin micro filters under the hood and it doesn`t smell/ nothing is in there.

Now here`s the kick. I thought the previous owner may have sprayed air freshener directly into the vents, and the smell should dissipate within a month or so. It`s been a couple months, and the smell is just as strong! Any clues on how I can get rid of this smell? I bought a bottle of Chemical Guys New Car Smell freshener and sprayed my interior with it. Now it`s just a mixture of the two scents!

zerix
07-12-2013, 10:22 PM
This may be an asinine idea but have you checked to see if they put some kind of air freshener inside the cabin air filter compartment?

ASpec818
07-12-2013, 10:31 PM
I checked the cabin micro filters under the hood and it doesn`t smell/ nothing is in there.