PDA

View Full Version : Spray Products

shadow85
07-12-2013, 09:03 AM
Just have a general question about spray products. How do you guy spray without getting the mist on other parts of the vehicle. For example, using glass cleaner but not getting it to mist on the paint. Or is this usually ok?

Accumulator
07-12-2013, 09:37 AM
shadow85- Getting glass cleaner on the (LSPed) paint is a big concern of mine, so...well, I`m just really careful about how I spray it, especially when I use an aerosol such as Zep40. This is overspray issue is such a concern for me that I just don`t use many aerosol products (no tire/trim treatments, etc.) and I`m kinda particular about how my spray nozzles pattern.

Overall, IME it`s just not *that* hard to avoid the overspray, but again, gotta use the right spray nozzle and have it adjusted properly. Eh, don`t mean to trivialize the concern...guess I`ve been working at this for many decades now and I`ve finally gotten the hang of it.

When working outside in windy conditions, I`ll spray the Window Cleaner onto my cleaning medium instead of risking overspray, even though I consider that an inferior way of doing the job.

lobster poutine
07-12-2013, 07:27 PM
try spraying it on the applicator and not the surface to be cleaned too...

jlb85
07-12-2013, 07:40 PM
Loke Accumulator said, its not that hard. Be aware of wind direction, spray pattern, and with some practice you`ll be fine. Staging your process helps, too. I try to dress plastics while sealant is drying on the paint. I take off any overspray when I remove the sealant, and tidy up during final wipe.

Accumulator
07-13-2013, 12:40 PM
Applying to the medium rather than the surface being cleaned/treated does mess with the "dwell-time before agitation" though, that can be a downside. Easier to scratch glass this way, that`s for sure.