PDA

View Full Version : Zaino

Pages : [1] 2

Fallz
07-11-2013, 03:49 PM
Does anyone use their products anymore ?? I never hear anything about the stuff anymore. I know they make nice stuff .

I know they have a strong following and very durable product .

Inzane
07-11-2013, 04:57 PM
I only have (and have used) four Zaino products in my collection, and none of them related to paint:

Z-9 leather cleaner -- not sure when the last time I used this. I`ve got many options for cleaning now.

Z-10 leather conditioner -- my primary go-to now tends to be Optimum Protectant Plus, but I still like "Leather in a Bottle". Nice smell.

Z-16 tire dressing -- used to be a favorite of mine. But with PB`s BnB, Opti-Bond, and CarPro PERL, I won`t be bothered getting more.

Z-18 clay bar -- I really only use Riccardo clay now. Zaino`s clay was "ok".

I`ve never really been interested in the rest of their product line.

togwt
07-11-2013, 05:31 PM
Polymer sealants have given way to coatings due to their superior durability (years as opposed to months) plus other factors

Fallz
07-11-2013, 06:30 PM
Polymer sealants have given way to coatings due to their superior durability (years as opposed to months) plus other factors

You mean stuff like OPT OS ( Just as an example ) I`ve tried some of their stuff but loooong ago.

Legacy
07-11-2013, 06:45 PM
You mean stuff like OPT OS ( Just as an example ) I`ve tried some of their stuff but loooong ago.

No, OS is more like a sealant in durability. Opti Coat among others is a coating.

WaxManRonnie
07-11-2013, 08:17 PM
I still use it. Just bought some Z5 and Z2 since I ran out. I love it.

David Fermani
07-11-2013, 09:18 PM
I still love Z A I N O !

Did a Silver 911 and put 12 coats of Z2 & Z5 per my client`s request.

Thomas Dekany
07-12-2013, 12:14 AM
Smart! In 6 months he will be back for another round! More $$$ in your pocket.

I still love Z A I N O !

Did a Silver 911 and put 12 coats of Z2 & Z5 per my client`s request.

Fallz
07-12-2013, 09:32 AM
Smart! In 6 months he will be back for another round! More $$$ in your pocket.

What doesn`t have to be redone or applied in 6 months. If its not a DD then simple touch ups will do.

David , do you have a pic of that silver 911 you did ?

What the difference between z2 and z5 ? when do you use what ?

I might try this stuff on my Silver car . I`m looking for a glass like look thats super shiny (since its silver and will get little to know depth )

Fallz
07-12-2013, 06:22 PM
OK , Im going to take the "Z" challenge on my silver car .

I dawn washed , clayed and dawn washed again (per Sal Zaino) . I did the AIO and a coat of Z5 so far . I try layering as some time goes on . Ease of use not to bad , but compared to OPT OS that Im used to it was more work. Im just trying it out on silver to see what I come up with. The black Tahoe will stay with the OPT stuff.

Can anyone chime in and Z5 vs the Z2 ? I was told to layer the Z2 after the Z5.

Keep you up to speed ..... thanks

Dan
07-12-2013, 06:40 PM
IMO Z2 looks much better than Z5 on silver. I`m lukewarm to Z5 anyway, it never filled anything for me and didn`t look that good on dark colors. Z2 on the other hand, topped with some Z6 makes Silver come to life like nothing else out there.

Legacy
07-12-2013, 09:07 PM
OK , Im going to take the "Z" challenge on my silver car .

I dawn washed , clayed and dawn washed again (per Sal Zaino) . I did the AIO and a coat of Z5 so far . I try layering as some time goes on . Ease of use not to bad , but compared to OPT OS that Im used to it was more work. Im just trying it out on silver to see what I come up with. The black Tahoe will stay with the OPT stuff.

Can anyone chime in and Z5 vs the Z2 ? I was told to layer the Z2 after the Z5.

Keep you up to speed ..... thanks

Z5 will hide imperfections and Z2 will bring out the bling.

Fallz
07-12-2013, 10:45 PM
ok , thanks guys . i`ll do another coat tomorrow but i`ll start with Z2.

rexster314
07-13-2013, 12:12 PM
Several months ago I saw a post on Autopia about wiping down with CS then a follow up immediately with Z6 or Z8. Original post here http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/142900-great-tip-zaino-users-mixing-zaino-clear-seal-z6-z8.htmlI`ve been doing this several times and rain will sheet off the hood like a good carnauba wax. The shine on my Gem Green Expedition gives it depth and great gloss. I`ve done it both ways with first CS then Z8 then the other way, Z8 first then CS, so long as it doesn`t get a chance to dry both ways come out great.

Fallz
07-13-2013, 03:39 PM
I`ll try a few more coats of Z2 and see what it looks like . I`m not gonna do a ton of coats. I`m so used to Opti-seal that this is like double waxing each time. Kind of a pain , hope results are worth it.