PDA

View Full Version : Recommend an interesting product to add to my order...

chrisguga
07-01-2013, 09:47 PM
I`m ordering a few things to take advantage of a 4th of July sale and I`m trying to figure out what to add that will bump me up to a $$ amount for free shipping and 15% off. So far I`ve picked Ultima`s Tire and Trim Guard because it`s my favorite tire product and I`m going to try their interior protectant because I`ve read great reviews on it.

I need to add another product or two. I have a pretty solid base of products that I`ve accumulated over the years. Can anyone recommend something new or under the radar that`s worth giving a shot? Unfortunately it can`t be an HD product because the site doesn`t stock it. If they did, I`d order more HD Speed because I`ve really grown to like it for those quick top-ups or to lay down a nice base for additional protection.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Dan
07-01-2013, 10:00 PM
ONRW or FK Pink.

chrisguga
07-01-2013, 10:13 PM
Dan, I have ONRW and I love it, just like every Optimum product I`ve tried. I wasn`t even out of my gallon of ONR and I had to buy a gallon of ONRW.

I am tempted to try FK Pink, but I have 4 tubs of `nuba wax, a couple spray waxes, a full syringe of OC 2.0, and a few sealants laying around. I`m not sure I want to add more paint protection to the collection.

What`s your favorite AIO? I`ve been thinking about KAIO or Optimum`s GPS. I love my SPEED, but want to find something to add to this specific order on a site that doesn`t carry HD products.

PS: If any HD guys want to sell a gallon of SPEED and will match the 15% off and free shipping of Autogeek, I`m ready to place an order!

jlb85
07-02-2013, 09:18 AM
KAIO (just a small bottle) for interior of windows.

P21S polishing soap.

Special brushes?

DM101
07-02-2013, 09:28 AM
Chemical Guys V7 !!!

Dan
07-02-2013, 10:00 AM
What`s your favorite AIO? I`ve been thinking about KAIO or Optimum`s GPS. I love my SPEED, but want to find something to add to this specific order on a site that doesn`t carry HD products.

I`ve got some GPS on order myself. Maybe that and DG501?

chrisguga
07-02-2013, 06:09 PM
Jacob, that P21S Polishing Soap sounds interesting. I need to order some metal polish anyway, but I hear that M105/205 are great at polishing metal too. I may try this combo since I have a lot of laying around.

MDRX8, I wonder how V7 compares to Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer. This thread makes the Sonax product sound pretty awesome: Sonax Birlliant Shine Detailer - breakthrough on QD market ? - Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=295795)

Dan, I`ve never really used paint cleaners except some old OTC products from Autozone in the `90s when I didn`t really know what I was doing. I`d be curious to see how much junk I could pull off of my paint that to me, looks pretty pristine. I`m leaning toward Optimum`s GPS for my AIO because I`ve never been disappointed by one of their products.

Accumulator
07-03-2013, 02:38 PM
chrisguga- IMO KAIO is one of those products that everybody might oughta have on the shelf.

What about that Ultima waterless wash? There was a thread recently where it got some rave reviews, as in "throw away your QDs and use this instead". If I didn`t have gallons of ONR and IUDJ I`d buy some myself!

Inzane
07-03-2013, 03:18 PM
KAIO (just a small bottle) for interior of windows.

Hmm... can you elaborate on that? I`ve had and used KAIO for a long time, but mainly on paint (sometimes on headlights, taillights). But what does it do for you on the interior of glass? Does it reduce fogging, or dust? Does it matter if your windows have aftermarket tint or not?

What about that Ultima waterless wash? There was a thread recently where it got some rave reviews, as in "throw away your QDs and use this instead".

Actually it was more like "stop buying more $20 bottles of QD and just buy this instead!". And you know what, I think he (was it Cee Dog?) was right. I bought some concentrate shortly after seeing that post and mixed up a RTU bottle and was quite impressed.

Accumulator
07-04-2013, 01:27 PM
Inzane- Yeah, IIRC it *was* CEE Dog who posted that. Glad to hear it`s working out for you.

I don`t use KAIO on my windows so I don`t really know from that application, but I would *NOT* apply it to aftermarket tint.