PDA

View Full Version : Probably a silly question...inhaling spray

ssbowtie1
06-29-2013, 01:15 AM
Hi all, I`m just curious if anyone has any concerns about inhaling quick detailers, waterless car wash sprays, soaps, etc. Is there any safety concerns with these products? Should one wear a mask while cleaning the car?

I would say one should always wear a respirator when polishing a car, but what about just washing the car and using all different sprays? Am I being too anal?

imported_PiPUK
06-29-2013, 05:17 AM
Don`t do it! The hazard will vary with product. As long as you are careful, they will mostly be harmless. A little bit won`t do any harm. On the other hand, some will - Megs Wheel Brightener for example is highly toxic. This is why you must read the labels and, ideally, get hold of the MSDS to confirm hazards.

Dan
06-29-2013, 08:13 AM
Most things in moderation are not going to kill you. Exercise caution and you will be fine.

Funny example, I have a box of TSP and it has all sorts of doom and gloom written all over it. Funny thing is my box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch has TSP as an ingredient.

togwt
06-29-2013, 09:04 AM
Good advise from PiPUK.

A typical quick detailer (QD) spray is formulated with 80 - 90 % Water, 0.5-1.5% Carnauba wax, 0.1 – 5% Silicone polymer or Mineral oil, so they don’ have the inherent solvent content problems like spray waxes.

Use caution; always exercise common sense