PDA

View Full Version : Interesting info about 22PLE VX1

Guitarist302008
06-28-2013, 11:29 AM
Just doing some searching I ran across this, I am not saying any one is better than the other, just some info in case anyone was interested.

22PLE VX1 Pro Signature Glass Coat is a new state of the art paint protection product that showcases the latest advances in glass coating technology. If, like us, you always question new developments in the world of car care, then you`re probably wondering how 22PLE VX1 Pro Signature Glass Coat differs to rival nanotechnology products, and what it offers that they don`t? And maybe more importantly, how it justifies its high price tag? The answers to these questions all stem back to its unique alcohol-free formula, which lays down a thin film of silica that fully crystallizes as it cures. None of the other nanotechnology products we stock work in the same way; they lay down glass-like coatings that form strong molecular bonds, but they do not crystallize. It`s easy to confirm this behaviour in real life. If you leave small samples of all of the nanotechnology products we stock open overnight, all will still be in liquid form the following day (minus varying degrees of evaporated solvent content), with the exception of 22PLE products, which will all have set hard in a fully crystallized state.

Now that we have confirmed how 22PLE VX1 Pro Signature Glass Coat differs to rival products, we can look at the benefits this brings. Firstly, because it contains no alcohol, it does not flash off upon contact, which makes it far easier to apply. Secondly, because it fully crystallizes, it forms a much harder and more durable coating than rival products. We`ve tested this by subjecting 22PLE VX1 Pro Signature Glass Coat and the closest rival products we stock to a brutal decontamination test, in which treated panels were: (i) washed at 60oC; (ii) soaked and wiped down with Autosmart Tardis; (iii) soaked and wiped down with Auto Finesse Iron Out; (iv) clayed with Auto Finesse Clay; (v) wiped down with neat ReAgent Isopropyl Alcohol, and; (vi) finally washed at 60oC again. In all cases, rival nanotechnology treatments were clearly stripped to a large extent (greatly diminished beading), but the panel treated with 22PLE VX1 Pro Signature Glass Coat was left beading as strongly as the day it was first applied.

Given that 22PLE VX1 Pro Signature Glass Coat is significantly different to rival nanotechnology products, and offers even greater durability, more scratch resistance and better protection against the elements, a key question remains; does it offer good value for money? This is a tough call, because at more than £40 per application (on an average-sized car) it is, by some considerable margin, the most expensive paint protection product we stock. Are you, as an enthusiast, able to justify this? Only you can decide; earlier adopters always pay more for the privilege of getting their hands on new technology first, but if you do bite the bullet then you will have the satisfaction of knowing your car is wearing a truly exceptional product. And for professional use? Well, in this guise it makes a lot of sense to us, because 22PLE VX1 Pro Signature Glass Coat really is a step ahead of the competition, and being able to much better preserve the amazing finishes we create makes it worth its weight in gold.

22PLE VX1 Pro Signature Glass Coat | Silica-Based Paint Sealant (http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/22ple-vx1-pro-signature-glass-coat-cat12.html)

CGdetailing
06-29-2013, 03:13 AM
Can this glass coating be used on paint?

imported_PiPUK
06-29-2013, 05:30 AM
I would be a bit cautious because the durability tests performed are not something that would remove all so called nano products. I can think of 2 quality products which won`t though I guess I do know one which almost certainly will (in fairness, I think the latter is nano only in marketing terms). More than that, I can achieve such durability with totally non-nano means.

22PLE products are clearly great, but this info is from someone trying a bit too hard.

Dan
06-29-2013, 08:10 AM
It reads like the sales memo it is. Sounds like someone sprayed hot water and a few cleaners at it.

Guitarist302008
06-29-2013, 10:47 AM
It reads like the sales memo it is. Sounds like someone sprayed hot water and a few cleaners at it.

well it did come from a page that is selling it lol. I don`t know if all of it is true or what all was used on it vs these other nano products but I don`t think most stuff would take OC off for instance. I cannot speak for cquartz or hardbody or whoever uses the nano tech. I didn`t think OC was even considered nano anyway.

Guitarist302008
06-29-2013, 10:50 AM
I would be a bit cautious because the durability tests performed are not something that would remove all so called nano products. I can think of 2 quality products which won`t though I guess I do know one which almost certainly will (in fairness, I think the latter is nano only in marketing terms). More than that, I can achieve such durability with totally non-nano means.

22PLE products are clearly great, but this info is from someone trying a bit too hard.

I used it on my car to give it a try. Several very good detailers said that they felt it looked better than the others on the market and I wanted a chage too I guess. OC had stopped it`s beading and such around 7-9 months I guess and so I wanted to see if this stuff continued past that with it`s beading, dirt shedding, etc.

yas
06-29-2013, 11:10 AM
Guitarist, you`re behaving like a hypocrite.

You`re always going off on people and making false accusations about their affiliations with other companies when they mention their preference for other products, such as the Optimum line of products.

Now, you`re basically advertising for 22ple.

You`re a troll and I don`t think you even realize it.

Guitarist302008
06-29-2013, 11:24 AM
Can this glass coating be used on paint?

What do you mean? It`s for paint. It`s just called "glass coating" because it`s slica based.

Guitarist302008
06-29-2013, 11:29 AM
Guitarist, you`re behaving like a hypocrite.

You`re always going off on people and making false accusations about their affiliations with other companies when they mention their preference for other products, such as the Optimum line of products.

Now, you`re basically advertising for 22ple.

You`re a troll and I don`t think you even realize it.

lol, is that right? Why? Because I caught some of your buddies when they try to advocate for a company and that`s THE ONLY one they work for? I just added the stuff to my car... i`ve gotten several PM`s about the product and so i`m putting out what I run across. It`s also a site from the UK, i`m not in the UK and got mine right here. Don`t like how I post? Feel free to put me on ignore or don`t bother responding. I`ll be doing that with you right now :)

yas
06-29-2013, 12:41 PM
lol, is that right? Why? Because I caught some of your buddies when they try to advocate for a company and that`s THE ONLY one they work for? I just added the stuff to my car... i`ve gotten several PM`s about the product and so i`m putting out what I run across. It`s also a site from the UK, i`m not in the UK and got mine right here. Don`t like how I post? Feel free to put me on ignore or don`t bother responding. I`ll be doing that with you right now :)

e-commerce is commerce done over the Internet. It doesn`t matter that the site in the UK, you could still do work for the company remotely.

Dan
06-29-2013, 06:56 PM
well it did come from a page that is selling it lol. I don`t know if all of it is true or what all was used on it vs these other nano products but I don`t think most stuff would take OC off for instance. I cannot speak for cquartz or hardbody or whoever uses the nano tech. I didn`t think OC was even considered nano anyway.

Yeah, I think OC would hold up fine with those tests. Are you still yearning for DG105 looks or has 22PLE delivered?

jlb85
06-29-2013, 10:19 PM
That entire piece is pure marketing, and nothing resembling any true testing. Pass/fail conditions are not mentioned. Extent of detriment is not mentioned. Control samples are not mentioned. Quantity or statistical analysis is not mentioned. 3-rd party cert of samples and/or results is not mentioned. Actual chemistry is not mentioned, and "cure", "crystalize", "bond" can mean the same as "dry" in this context. Pure marketing sales brochure verbiage, nothing more.

That said, this is common for all products being sold for detailing. Lack of standards permits crazy claims. All we have are anecdotal subjective "experiences" and judgements from people we feel are truthful, and this has carried the detailing community quite far and advanced. Someliers of paint correction, if you will. I am thankful for them!

The version of 22ple I did on my Audi is holding up great, though, after a few months. Still great beading, decent slickness. I cannot compare to anything else as nothing else is on the car under the same conditions, this time.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/30/mysa3y4u.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/30/pamusuve.jpg

Guitarist302008
06-29-2013, 11:29 PM
Yeah, I think OC would hold up fine with those tests. Are you still yearning for DG105 looks or has 22PLE delivered?

ummm, well I would say it looks very nice, especially after being repolished and such so I sort of expected that. It`s got a very glassy look as it`s claims says so IMO that part would be correct in their marketing. Does it look at good as my favorite 3 layers of DG? It`s hard to say simply because as soon as I got the car, I polished and OC`d it so I don`t know how it would even look on my crappy paint. I am quite happy with the look overall. Although, I just put a coat of my beloved 105 on our honda and it`s just looks so nice lol.

Guitarist302008
06-29-2013, 11:35 PM
That entire piece is pure marketing, and nothing resembling any true testing. Pass/fail conditions are not mentioned. Extent of detriment is not mentioned. Control samples are not mentioned. Quantity or statistical analysis is not mentioned. 3-rd party cert of samples and/or results is not mentioned. Actual chemistry is not mentioned, and "cure", "crystalize", "bond" can mean the same as "dry" in this context. Pure marketing sales brochure verbiage, nothing more.

That said, this is common for all products being sold for detailing. Lack of standards permits crazy claims. All we have are anecdotal subjective "experiences" and judgements from people we feel are truthful, and this has carried the detailing community quite far and advanced. Someliers of paint correction, if you will. I am thankful for them!

The version of 22ple I did on my Audi is holding up great, though, after a few months. Still great beading, decent slickness. I cannot compare to anything else as nothing else is on the car under the same conditions, this time.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/30/mysa3y4u.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/30/pamusuve.jpg

I do agree... I was just looking for some solid info and info about whether topping it would be a good idea. I had emailed Todd Cooperider (sp?) and asked him and he didn`t seem to think topping it was necessary at all for looks or for slickness, as we shouldn`t be touching our paint anyway. There`s also a chance I guess that some solvents that are in waxes and sealants could interfere with the coating, but I don`t think that would be an issue with a wax that didn`t have any cleaners or anything really harsh in it either. Might just be better to let the coating just do it`s job and just keep it clean. I get bored and want to wax the car sometimes though... what can I say? lol