PDA

View Full Version : Detail Shoppe.wet glaze 2.0..paid for but not shipped yet. These cats outta business?

Pages : [1] 2

gravytime
06-25-2013, 09:07 PM
Yup....absolutely love the original wet glaze.....seems like the 2.0 might be even more cherry so I ordered it on the Detail Shoppe`s web site. Didn`t have a fabulous feeling about it but still pulled the trigger because I dig it so much. Are these dudes out of it or out of business because I ordered it a the beginning of June (and paid for it via Pay PAL) and nothing.

Legacy
06-25-2013, 09:43 PM
Yup....absolutely love the original wet glaze.....seems like the 2.0 might be even more cherry so I ordered it on the Detail Shoppe`s web site. Didn`t have a fabulous feeling about it but still pulled the trigger because I dig it so much. Are these dudes out of it or out of business because I ordered it a the beginning of June (and paid for it via Pay PAL) and nothing.

Heard the same from others. Is the web site working?

bjwebster
06-26-2013, 05:59 AM
I had something happen like that from a vendor a year or so ago. I paid via PayPal as well, and I just contacted PayPal, they opened an investigation, and within a few weeks I had my money back. Just stinks that you liked the product so much, and now its loooking like you might not be getting it.

gravytime
06-26-2013, 09:15 PM
The website is still working and happily accepting moola.....needs to be shut down if it is no longer active. I did find it strange that shortly after I placed my order, I received an email from paypal giving me a tracking number saying that my order had shipped. Called the USPS and they said that the shipping info had been received but the package had not yet been picked up. I`ve been leaving numerous messages with them but nary a reply. I also found it odd that some dude on June 1st gave them a favorable review on Amazon......I dunno...Guy on vacation? I`m just super bummed if that is it for the Glaze cause that chit ruled!

Any comparable glazes out there? Deep & wet with protective qualities that jives with other waxes and sealants with no cleaners in it?

chrisguga
06-26-2013, 11:23 PM
I heard they quit making product which is a shame because I have half a bottle of Wet Glaze 2.0 and it`s absolutely sick looking on non-metallic paint. I guess I better really cherish the last bit of what I have. lol

I also like Prima Amigo although it`s not as wet as Wet Glaze.

mystickid
06-30-2013, 12:49 AM
Yes, What`s the Best glaze out there now that Wet Glaze 2.0 is discontinued? I remember reading so much hype and praise about danasa WG and WG2.0 back in the days but what is the new, current outperforming glaze out there?

tinhead
06-30-2013, 08:36 AM
The website is still working and happily accepting moola.....needs to be shut down if it is no longer active. I did find it strange that shortly after I placed my order, I received an email from paypal giving me a tracking number saying that my order had shipped. Called the USPS and they said that the shipping info had been received but the package had not yet been picked up. I`ve been leaving numerous messages with them but nary a reply. I also found it odd that some dude on June 1st gave them a favorable review on Amazon......I dunno...Guy on vacation? I`m just super bummed if that is it for the Glaze cause that chit ruled!

Any comparable glazes out there? Deep & wet with protective qualities that jives with other waxes and sealants with no cleaners in it?

Same thing happened to me through amazon. I ordered some from them back on June 5th. They shipped it out USPS on 11th and I still haven`t received item. Contacted the detail shoppe a couple times and never got a response. Told amazon about it and they refunded me instead. Really wanted to try wet glaze 2.0. So now i am looking into chemical guys ez creme glaze. Some say they are similar if not the same. Any one try both?

imported_Erik Mejia
06-30-2013, 09:51 AM
Same thing happened to me through amazon. I ordered some from them back on June 5th. They shipped it out USPS on 11th and I still haven`t received item. Contacted the detail shoppe a couple times and never got a response. Told amazon about it and they refunded me instead. Really wanted to try wet glaze 2.0. So now i am looking into chemical guys ez creme glaze. Some say they are similar if not the same. Any one try both?

EZ CREME is very similar to the original Wet Glaze. Try out Black Light instead, its like an upgraded version of EZ Creme. Both are good.

gravytime
06-30-2013, 04:28 PM
Ah bummer eh. Looks like I`m getting a hold of Pay Pal this week. And I reckon I did hear about the similarities between the EZ and Wet Glaze. Be stellar if they were virtually comparable. Biggest thing i`m looking for in a glaze, other than a deep, wet look, is that it won`t strip my LSP....I want to layer it and keep alternating and slapping that stuff on all the way through winter. I love RMG but that`ll strip me down. Does anybody know if the EZ has any cleaning properties in it?

tinhead
06-30-2013, 06:18 PM
Ah bummer eh. Looks like I`m getting a hold of Pay Pal this week. And I reckon I did hear about the similarities between the EZ and Wet Glaze. Be stellar if they were virtually comparable. Biggest thing i`m looking for in a glaze, other than a deep, wet look, is that it won`t strip my LSP....I want to layer it and keep alternating and slapping that stuff on all the way through winter. I love RMG but that`ll strip me down. Does anybody know if the EZ has any cleaning properties in it?

Almost same issues here so I just went ahead and emailed chemical guys to get a straight answer. I`ll post their reply when I get it. And Erik, thanks for the suggestion but it seems that blacklight has some type of cleaners in it

lobster poutine
06-30-2013, 09:16 PM
this is right from their website...so im not sure you will get it...

Limited Supply. When they`re gone, they`re gone! We will no longer be producing Wet Glaze 2.0

gravytime
06-30-2013, 09:17 PM
right on tin...look forward to what you hear back....keep us posted.

gravytime
06-30-2013, 09:20 PM
be nice to know when its gone......and not just take our money when its gone and make us go the extra to get our chit back......shut it down if it`s gone for crying out.

tinhead
07-02-2013, 02:10 PM
right on tin...look forward to what you hear back....keep us posted.

talked to someone at chemical guys and he recommended black light just like erik did in an earlier post. i asked him for a glaze that had no cleaners, has fillers and wont strip the previous layer. he recommended blacklight over ez creme glaze. thing is people are saying there are some light abrasives in black light. i can`t remember asking the abrasive part but i`ve seen enough posts saying it has some in it. i am just gonna go ahead and order ez creme.

spotter
07-03-2013, 09:39 AM
If anyone is interested I have a good bit of the Danase Wet Glaze 2.0 left over and am not using it. I would be willing to trade or sell. I will check when I get home and see how much is left (I believe it is about 70-80% full). I loved it but just quit using it after I put on OptiCoat.