PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Wrap Wax Recommendations

LeMarque
06-17-2013, 03:00 PM
Potential plumbing company that has approx. 12 vans that are wrapped. My limited Google search said not to use a carnuba wax but a silicone based was; which as I understand it can be difficult to remove (?)

Any suggestions appreciated.

Ron Ketcham
06-17-2013, 03:15 PM
Just use HD Speed or such. Don`t know about the Google search answer, "Bon Jour", but sounds like some one is not up to snuff on what is in today`s carnuba liquid waxes.

You, know what I`m saying, "I met him on the internet, he`s a French model."

At the Vehicle Processing Center of ValuGard, we used to put the paint sealant or the OEM One Step or the Carnuba Cream wax on numerous "wrapped with marketing decals" for local companies.

For years and no concerns.

Dan
06-17-2013, 03:31 PM
Use a non cleaner wax and you will be fine.

LeMarque
06-17-2013, 05:52 PM
Just use HD Speed or such. Don`t know about the Google search answer, "Bon Jour", but sounds like some one is not up to snuff on what is in today`s carnuba liquid waxes.

You, know what I`m saying, "I met him on the internet, he`s a French model."

Yeah, I did that Internet thing `cept She said she was a French Model. Turned out to be my ex-wife :pound:

At the Vehicle Processing Center of ValuGard, we used to put the paint sealant or the OEM One Step or the Carnuba Cream wax on numerous "wrapped with marketing decals" for local companies.

For years and no concerns.[/QUOTE]

Thought Speed was like Opti PoliSeal - in that it has abrasives.

Use a non cleaner wax and you will be fine.

Colinite 845? The trucks aren`t garaged.

imported_dfazekas
06-17-2013, 07:11 PM
I`ve used nano sealants on wraps with great results. That`d be the route I`d go.

Dan
06-17-2013, 07:24 PM
I think 845 would work nicely. I`d do a spot check to make sure there isn`t any solvent interaction and then roll with it.