PDA

View Full Version : Product Review: Migliore Primo

TroyScherer
06-15-2013, 06:20 PM
Product Review: Migliore Primo

Introduction:

I am always in the search for the ultimate finishing product to make every vehicle have the absolute best finish possible. Migliore Luxury Car Care is a small car care company founded on quality and a passion for detailing. Primo is a concours-style wax that gives clear, reflective finish, and enhances all colors of paint with its sensational shine. Luckily I was given the chance to try this wax. These are my initial thought and possible issues with this product.

Product Description / Claims:

Migliore Primo Carnauba Wax is a premium wax blend made with nearly 50% carnauba wax per jar. It`s the "best of the best" concours-style wax. Migliore Primo is formulated for those who demand absolute perfection and a paint finish that is dripping with gloss.

Migliore`s unique blending process enables Primo Wax to contain a phenomenal amount of carnauba, yet remain workable. The high carnauba wax content gives Migliore Primo excellent protective properties and a clear, reflective finish. It dries completely clear and enhances all colors of paint with its sensational shine.

Migliore Primo Carnauba Wax is a true wax with no cleaning properties. For the ultimate finish, the paint should be perfectly clean and swirl-free. Use detailing clay and polish before waxing, if you have never done so or haven`t done so in some time.

Once the stage has been set, apply Migliore Primo Carnauba Wax in a thin coat using a foam applicator. It helps to rub the top of the wax in the jar until it warms up. Wipe off with a microfiber towel. If necessary, mist the paint with Migliore Endurance Quick Detailer to make removal easier where the wax has been applied heavily.

Migliore Primo Carnauba Wax was designed to compete among the world`s best show car waxes. It definitely stacks up!

http://www.autopiaforums.com/gallery/data/677/DSC06119.JPG (http://www.autopiaforums.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/3754)

Product Details:

Packaging: Small Round Brown Tube

Directions: Non on package

Color: Orange

Scent: Orange

Pricing: $100 for 8oz

Process:

1. Apply an ultra-thin coat of wax using a damp foam applicator.

2. Allow to haze.

3. Buff off using a short nap MF towel taking small “bites” at a time, flipping to a fresh side often.

4. Re-buff any hazed or smeared areas again.

Warnings or Precautions:

Non that I can find

Testing:

I have tried Migliore Primo a few times now trying to get a feel for the application a removal process. Below are 2 videos that I have compiled with my initial thoughts and reaction to Primo, by itself and in comparison to a few other waxes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr4zIsZcz3Q

Pros:

1. Gives a nice bright look

2. Nuba gloss

3. Great orange scent

4. High carnuba content; possibly gives more durability. (I haven’t used it long enough to prove this yet.)

Cons:

1. Due to the oils it is a dust magnet initially

2. Harder to work with then other waxes I have used

Questions:

1. Would warmer temps make it easier to apply and remove?

2. Durability?

3. Looks in comparison to some of the other concours-style waxes? (Competizione, Presidenziale, BF MidnightSun, SV Concorso)

Thought / Summary:

Being that Primo is my first high nuba content , all natural wax I am not sure that I can come to an absolute conclusion. The wax was harder to work with then others I have and use. But the deep and gloss was there. If the durability can hold up to the claims and outlast my current waxes then Primo could be worth the extra work. But what you have to decide for yourself is the same thing. Is the extra work worth the result? If something could be done to make Primo easier to use I would gladly recommend and reach for it on a regular basis. The scent is great and the final finish and looks are good. I would like to try some of the other concours-style waxes to compare. And see if this is a normal thing for these types of products. In the end this will not keep me from trying more Migliore product as they have caught my interest.

I would like to add, that I plan on using Primo in the future this summer when it is warmer and the pollen levels dye down around here. (Currently at 4x normal levels)

TroyScherer
06-15-2013, 06:21 PM
Video #2 since you can only post one per post...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOzg9HmPT1c

Bunky
06-16-2013, 06:13 AM
Thanks for the review Troy !