PDA

View Full Version : Spray Wax vs Wash & Wax

Randomhero
06-09-2013, 07:23 PM
Usually i wash my car every sunday with Meg`s Gold Class wash, then hit it with some Megs Ultimate Quik Wax to bolster my Megs Ultimate Paste Wax LSP.

In terms of shine and replenished protection, how would Meg`s Ultimate Wash & Wax do against Ultimate Quik Wax? Am i wasting my time going over the car with spray wax after every wash?

CEE DOG
06-10-2013, 07:22 AM
Meg`s Ultimate Wash and wax was not a product I enjoyed using. It left a film and personally was one of my least favorite. The spray wax on the other hand is underrated ime and scored very well against products costing even twice as much. It was a real shocker for me and was near the top in sheeting speed, gloss, ease of use, and longevity for a traditional spray wax.

Are you wasting your time? That depends on you and what you enjoy - it`s certainly not necessary to apply a spray wax after every wash.

Dan
06-10-2013, 07:36 AM
I agree with Corey, a traditional wash product will probably give you better results. I also love their spray wax, almost as good as OCW, which is my favorite. Adding a spray wax into your drying routine shouldn`t take more than 5 minutes and will keep the surface slick so bugs don`t stick. With the price of QDs and spray waxes being so close, I don`t see any reason to not use a spray wax after every wash.

jfelbab
06-10-2013, 08:13 AM
I love the fact that UQW restores that just-waxed slickness after each wash. The paint stays nearly self cleaning with this added 10 minute step. I love the slippery feel left on the paint and so for me, it is definitely not a waste of time. I find it also works equally well on exterior vinyl trim. With it, I don`t need to worry about any leftover waterspots and the product works quite well in full sun. Indeed this is for me, one of Meguiar`s "must have" products. Since I use this so frequently, I buy it in the gallon size from their detailer line. There it is called Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax (D156). I watch for free shipping offers and it is a real bargain.

Personally, I didn`t like UW&W.

Accumulator
06-10-2013, 12:21 PM
Noting that for the time being I`m using leaves-stuff-behind QDs instead of spraywaxes when I dry, I don`t see that it really adds much time at all. Other than spritzing on the product, I`m doing the same things I would if drying without such products.

And yeah, I do expect to buy plenty of D156 once I use up a few more gallons of certain QDs.

Randomhero
06-10-2013, 12:37 PM
Are you wasting your time? That depends on you and what you enjoy - it`s certainly not necessary to apply a spray wax after every wash.

Washing & vacuuming my car is something i look forward to every weekend ha

I love the fact that UQW restores that just-waxed slickness after each wash. The paint stays nearly self cleaning with this added 10 minute step. I love the slippery feel left on the paint and so for me, it is definitely not a waste of time. I find it also works equally well on exterior vinyl trim. With it, I don`t need to worry about any leftover waterspots and the product works quite well in full sun. Indeed this is for me, one of Meguiar`s "must have" products. Since I use this so frequently, I buy it in the gallon size from their detailer line. There it is called Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax (D156). I watch for free shipping offers and it is a real bargain.

Personally, I didn`t like UW&W.

After every wash, the car is so smooth when i use UQW. I had a friend ask me what kind of soaps i use cause every time i wash, it comes out looking wet and glossy.

I think im gonna stick with using UQW after every wash.