PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for Spray Bottle Nozzle for use with Meg`s Detailer Line Wheel Brightener

Lonnie
06-07-2013, 02:57 PM
I am looking for suggestions for a durable spray bottle nozzle that withstands the "ammonium bifluoride and cationic surfactants" that eat regular spray nozzles. I tried the SprayMaster bottle "chemically resistant sprayer" with a 5-year guarantee from Home Depot, but it did not last two weeks (went through 2 of them and Home Depot would not take them back). I dilute my Wheel Brightener 4:1 as suggested on the gallon jug.

I have been using a empty Eagle One A-to-Z wheel cleaner bottle with the nozzle it came with, and that did last about 6 months, even with rinsing it out after each use. But alas, it ,too, succumbed to the bifluoride.

I`m kinda stuck using the Wheel Bightner as I have a gallon jug to go through yet. It really does work well on the neglected wheels I do for family and friends. But if there isn`t a good spray nozzle that can withstand the harsh chemicals in Wheel Brightener, then I`m in a quandary as to what to do, other than re-using old Eagle One A-to-Z bottles.

Which brings up another point: How many of you detailers save old sprayer bottle nozzles or bottle/tube caps. I have a small collection just because I KNOW that I will invariably drop a spray bottle and break the nozzle OR turn the adjustable nozzle too tight for a fine spray pattern, and then squeeze the trigger too hard and break it off (Poor design, if you ask me). I`ve lost a few caps as well (where did that cap go??!!)and it`s nice to have a suitable replacement available from my "junk" collection.

pingable
06-07-2013, 03:17 PM
When you`re done using WB, remove nozzle - put in a bottle with water and spray clean the nozzle.

Make that part of your regimine

Ron Ketcham
06-07-2013, 03:26 PM
I agree with Chefwong, when ever "acid" or high caustic is used, rinse the product from the tube and nozzle, do not put back in the bottle until ready to use again.

The type of nozzle/spray head you are seeking has to have a stainless steel spring and vitron seals.

Most of these have a grey plastic head on them.

One place I know that stocks and sells them is Valugard.net.

Even though these are the most chemical resistant, if not maintained, eventually the acids/caustic will attack the spring, although the vitron seals will hold up, the sprayer will stop to work after enough use.

mnewxcv
06-07-2013, 04:08 PM
bring the sprayers back to home depot and ask to see a manager if they deny you, assuming you purchased within the last 90 days.

salty
06-08-2013, 12:34 AM
I use an all plastic 1 gallon pump sprayer. It has a metal spring in the handle that I take out between uses. $10 at Walmart here.

Accumulator
06-08-2013, 01:22 PM
...Which brings up another point: How many of you detailers save old sprayer bottle nozzles or bottle/tube caps. I have a small collection just because I KNOW...

Oh yeah....got in that habit decades ago, still have caps/etc. that my father saved back before I was born (and that`s been a while now :chuckle: ).