PDA

View Full Version : Iron Wheel Cleaners and it`s effects on Opti Coat

pingable
06-06-2013, 07:31 PM
Newbie here with the Iron Dissolving Cleaners...

I was hesitant to use them when they 1st came out but I do see how they be a tool in ones arsenal.

For wheels that are opti coated, they do clean fairly well with just soap and rinse. Even better with just a PW alone.

However, I am thinking about incorporating such Iron Dissolving Cleaners as part of my wash regimen.

Does Sonax FE, Iron Cut affect Opti Coat in any way ? Any downsides on using it on Opti Coated / sealed wheels.

Nth Degree
06-06-2013, 11:41 PM
Shouldn`t be a problem as Opti-Coat is very resistant to chemicals but If you they are Opti-Coated and washed regularly you shouldn`t need a dedicated wheel cleaner. The same soap you use to wash the rest of the car should be sufficient.

Downside? = Cost.

Guitarist302008
06-06-2013, 11:58 PM
I`ve never really heard of an issue with OC and chemicals... maybe REALLY strong ones like paint stripper

pingable
06-07-2013, 12:12 AM
I would tend to think hot brake dust does embed into my PC wheels/Opticoat layer - regardless of keeping them clean or not no ? I generally wash my wheels every 2-3 days...

However, per the Iron *dissolving* statement, I`m looking at it as sorta like a ABC wash for my wheels....just another layer of cleansing

Guitarist302008
06-07-2013, 12:50 AM
opti-coat is extremely resistant to heat. People put it on their exhausts quite a bit.

pingable
06-07-2013, 06:14 AM
Not Heat and OC not playing well was not what I meant.

Dust=Contaminants that imbed into the coating.

Nth Degree
06-07-2013, 07:51 AM
It should be safe to use the wheel cleaners on them. If you really want to make sure first you can contact Chris@Optimum.