PDA

View Full Version : Pre-wax cleaner step.

Randomhero
06-05-2013, 04:24 PM
A basic detailing package of mine includes a Wash, (Optional ClayBar), Pre-wax cleaner, and LSP (all done by hand)

So far i have been using Meg`s Cleaner Wax, then finished with Meg`s Ultimate Paste Wax.

I also have on hand some K-AIO and some Mother`s Pure Polish (old name: Pre-Wax Cleaner).

Of these 3, which would you use for the pre-wax cleaner step? K-AIO, Mother`s Pure Polish, or Meg`s Cleaner Wax?

tom p.
06-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Random, what will your last step product be?

Dan
06-05-2013, 06:16 PM
The Mother`s Pure Polish is a very good product, I`d use that for anything except picky sealants. I`d seriously think about a machine though. Doing it by hand is a waste of time.

Randomhero
06-05-2013, 07:03 PM
Random, what will your last step product be?

Meg`s Ultimate Paste Wax

The Mother`s Pure Polish is a very good product, I`d use that for anything except picky sealants. I`d seriously think about a machine though. Doing it by hand is a waste of time.

I have a PC, but i charge double to use that. The detail im doing this weekend doesnt want to pay for the machine polishing. My top package is wash, claybar, (optional HD Cut), HD Polish and HD Poxy all applied with the machine.

tom p.
06-05-2013, 07:51 PM
I`ve always had a preference for using the KAIO as a "base". Have you ever tried that with the Meg`s product you mention?

Random, I`d charge more for a manual application and less for the machine ;) Save some wear `n` tear on your body.

Randomhero
06-05-2013, 08:36 PM
I`ve always had a preference for using the KAIO as a "base". Have you ever tried that with the Meg`s product you mention?

Random, I`d charge more for a manual application and less for the machine ;) Save some wear `n` tear on your body.

Sadly, im pretty slow with the machine (still learning alot). I want to make sure my pads stay clean with a brush and compressed air. Not to mention i use more product with a machine than by hand.

Ill prob use the K-AIO since i dont wana go buy more of the Mothers stuff. Plus i need to find a way to get rid of my K-AIO ;)

tom p.
06-06-2013, 06:34 AM
Maybe you can find a "used" bottle of KSG to complement the KAIO. It`s still a good combo.

Randomhero
06-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Maybe you can find a "used" bottle of KSG to complement the KAIO. It`s still a good combo.

I do infact have KSG but i dont like it at all. Dont like the way it looks, or the application method.