PDA

View Full Version : Gallery not working?

ReflectionsADS
06-05-2013, 12:28 AM
It appears to me that this site is one of the most difficult sites to load pictures on. Or am I missing something. I can`t access the gallery, therefore I can`t upload images there and link to my post, and now- when I use the open and close [URL] tags, it simply adds a hyperlink to an image that opens in another page. What gives? If it`s not just me, then there`s no wonder people aren`t posting heavy picture threads like they used to!

David Fermani
06-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Not sure. I know there are some items that have been disabled for updates, not sure if this is one of them? I actually prefer using PhotoBucket for pictures. It`s totally free too.

Ron Ketcham
06-05-2013, 07:28 PM
I noticed it does not work as well. But then when it comes to adding any photo to any part of the site, too much for this old fart.

I got PhotoBucket, at your and other suggestion and still can`t put a photo into a thread.

Forgive me, I am old, I am not computer smart.

David Fermani
06-05-2013, 07:42 PM
Ron - or anyone else needing some info on PhotoBucket:

After uploading pictures into your Photo Bucket account, go into the screen that displays your pictures. You`ll see several options underneath each picture (for example: Direct / HTML / IMG). Highlight the contents in the IMG section of that picture and hit the Copy function on your keyboard/computer to highlight the contents. Then Paste it into the thread. The picture should appear without any problem when you hit the Reply button. Once you do it a few times it`s really simple.

Ron Ketcham
06-05-2013, 08:31 PM
I noticed it does not work as well. But then when it comes to adding any photo to any part of the site, too much for this old fart.

I got PhotoBucket, at your and other suggestion and still can`t put a photo into a thread.

Forgive me, I am old, I am not computer smart.

ReflectionsADS
06-05-2013, 11:25 PM
I`m pretty computer savvy, know some html and other coding, perhaps it was an issue at the time- I`ll edit the thread again soon. I don`t use Photobucket or Flicker or anything of the like but I will give your trick a shot, Dave, and see what happens from there.