PDA

View Full Version : Best all-in-one/ base compound

Harper55987
06-03-2013, 07:35 AM
What is one of the best all in one compounds out there? I am looking to kind of go with a 2 step process on my car just to see how much it cleans it up. (swirl remover and finish/polish). If there is a product you think can get it done with an AIO I`m open to that as well. Then if I need to I can go back and remove some of the heavy swirls.

Current products I have:

Megs 105/205

HD Cut/HD Uno

Blackfire Wet Diamond

Meg`s Ultimate Compound (have not used yet).

Meg`s 105/205 I started with but switched to the HD as I didn`t have much luck in reducing dust. I`m trying to get better using the HD products and then can re-try the meg`s lineup.

I was looking at the HD Speed/Polish combination but I know there are other products out there. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

pwaug
06-03-2013, 10:39 AM
Here`s a review I did of HD Speed about a year ago http://www.autopia.org/forum/3d-high-definition-car-care/141005-product-review-hd-speed-rwwb.html This was the first time ever machine polishing and I was really pleased with the results.

Harper55987
06-03-2013, 11:20 AM
Yea I have seen that wagon before in other reviews and the results are impressive no doubt.

I am between..HD Speed/Polish and D151/(insert something here??)

I do not like how HD products are sold in such limited areas. It makes me have to pay almost $12 to have them shipped to me which makes them so much more expensive then others are.

Junebug
06-03-2013, 01:13 PM
Since you have M105, add a little UC to it for the dust. I add D300 but UC is close enough. Are you using MF pads or foam?

Harper55987
06-03-2013, 02:23 PM
I am using foam pads. UBER pads and LC CCS pads

I can`t find many comparisons between MF pads and Foam pads. Are MF pads a new thing to detailing or why would this be?

The meg`s Paint Correction with MF pads is a popular topic but that is about all I can see.

Junebug
06-03-2013, 02:31 PM
MF pads work faster, BUT - you need to use compressed air between panels to clean them out, to me, brushing them is a poor second choice. And if you get some, I`d skip the Megs - they just didn`t hold up as long as others I`ve tried, but again - YMMV.

Harper55987
06-03-2013, 04:56 PM
Kind of getting off topic but..

if the MF work faster and all you need is compressed error why not use them? Time is money.

There must be some downside...