PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one that...

Pages : [1] 2

Lexi65
06-01-2013, 08:29 PM
doesn`t like the new headlights that look like diamonds or jewels whatever? Feedback

please... Just saying

Accumulator
06-02-2013, 11:11 AM
I`m not a fan of the LED running lights, they look gimmicky to me. But then I don`t like the "angel eyes" running lights on BMWs either.

I`m all for any lighting that actually illuminates the road better, but looks-wise I prefer regular ol` headlight with a halogen bulb or a projector (heh heh, I`m not saying I`m so old-school as to prefer sealed beams :grinno: ).

mnewxcv
06-02-2013, 09:06 PM
I like the complex reflector as opposed to the complex lens. I always hated lenses that you couldnt see through.

stiffdogg06
06-02-2013, 09:26 PM
They look ok on the Audi`s. One thing I hate that the Audi`s do is the running lights turn off when the blinker turns on. Looks so cheap.

David Fermani
06-02-2013, 09:41 PM
You`ll hate them even more when you need to replace them! Like over $1000 each in many cases.

brownbob06
06-03-2013, 12:14 AM
I just hate the morons that think it`s ok to slap HID bulbs in halogen housings.... It`s called a retrofit a**hole, quit blinding everyone on the road! Sorry.... It`s a particular pet peeve of mine :/

Randomhero
06-03-2013, 01:12 AM
I just hate the morons that think it`s ok to slap HID bulbs in halogen housings.... It`s called a retrofit a**hole, quit blinding everyone on the road! Sorry.... It`s a particular pet peeve of mine :/

Oops... Mine are OEM color though, 4500k 55w. And they are aimed properly. Even though the light doesnt disperse correctly, it still helps to have them aimed correctly. In the 18 months of had them, only been flashed once.

brownbob06
06-03-2013, 11:42 AM
Soooo you have the brightest HIDs without the correct housing? You CANNOT aim HID bulbs in halogen headlights correctly... People don`t flash anymore because they know it`s just some kid who thinks they`re making their car look awesome. All you`re doing is blinding others and impairing your own ability to see... You think you`re seeing farther because you`re flooding the area in front of you with light.

You`re also giving people like me, who take the time and effort to do a proper retrofit with HID projectors look bad. To me you are no different than hack detailers who give quality detailers a bad name.... Yes, I feel this strongly about people who "pimp their ride" with complete disregard for the safety of others.

Randomhero
06-03-2013, 12:14 PM
Eh most early nissan, acura, and lexus had HID headlights in reflector housings. I see your location is in northwest Ohio. Theres were i am at too! What kinda car you got?

brownbob06
06-03-2013, 12:19 PM
I would like to request some proof of this.

They may have had Halogens in Halogen projectors, but not HIDs in halogen reflector housings. Why not just get some Silverstars? I have on 01 Eclipse. the housings got a bit cracked while I was building my retrofit, but the light output is nice and was well worth it.

And I`m in a small town called Ottawa.

Randomhero
06-03-2013, 04:44 PM
I would like to request some proof of this.

They may have had Halogens in Halogen projectors, but not HIDs in halogen reflector housings. Why not just get some Silverstars? I have on 01 Eclipse. the housings got a bit cracked while I was building my retrofit, but the light output is nice and was well worth it.

And I`m in a small town called Ottawa.

http://image.turbomagazine.com/f/29616906+w750+st0/turp_0103_01_z+project_2001_lexus_is300_part_1+fro nt_left.jpg

Lexus IS300

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1280/846442434_aeed7f441c.jpg

Nissan Altima SE-R

2003 Nissan Maxima Exterior - MSN Autos (http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/spec_Exterior.aspx?year=2003&make=Nissan&model=Maxima&trimid=95726#VIP_TAB)

^Scroll down to Exterior Lighting. High Intensity Discharge Headlights standard. Note the car has reflector housings.

Most early 2000s Lexus models have HID with reflectors

I have a 2004 Accord V6 6-speed coupe. Given that it is the loaded EX model with the optional wheels, sunroof, fog lights, ect. It was almost surprising that the car did not come with factory HID`s

brownbob06
06-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Interesting. This doesn`t change the fact that people with HIDs in halogen housings are inconsiderate pricks, but interesting none the less.

Corey Bit Spank
06-04-2013, 03:05 PM
I really don`t like running lights. They seem superfluous, but I guess that`s what luxury is all about.

Bill D
06-04-2013, 03:36 PM
I pulled the fuse for my running lights the first day I got my car. I`m just plain not a fan of them.

brownbob06
06-05-2013, 09:57 AM
Guess my comment got deleted by a mod :/.... Anyways, I still disagree with HIDs in HALOGEN reflectors because it`s inconsiderate and dangerous to other drivers, not to mention illegal as hell...