PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle detailing -fast?

frito
06-01-2013, 08:12 AM
I run a motorcycle shop and want to get our used bikes looking the way I would expect as a potential customer.

I read the $100 solutions thread and see that the HF unit may be a good choice. I am unsure of the backing plate and pad size. I am thinking I may need 4"-5" or so to get around tight spaces. Perhaps two backing plates and pads?

I normally use M105 and M205 but if there is a good one step that we can get good results it would likely end up with a better result (attention span of my employee).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

togwt
06-01-2013, 08:53 AM
Wash with an ONR solution and then use a one-step polish (Menzerna PF 2500 – Power Finish Polish (PO203) finish off with a WOWO spray (Dodo Juice Red Mist Tropical Spray Detailer)

frito
06-01-2013, 09:25 AM
Wash with an ONR solution and then use a one-step polish (Menzerna PF 2500 – Power Finish Polish (PO203) finish off with a WOWO spray (Dodo Juice Red Mist Tropical Spray Detailer)

Thank you very much. I see your related threads and I will read them all.

Merlin
06-01-2013, 04:05 PM
For a fast bike wash I like the Mr Clean Auto Dry...MC-AD, a wash mitt & a blow dry and you`re pretty much good to go.

Wheels that have crevice build up are pain. Spray with S100 total cycle cleaner wait 2 min Use a wheel brush and rinse.

For a two step correction I like using Megs D300 with a 3" or 5" microfiber cutting disc followed with LC white and M205.

For a (very close) to a 1 step polish I`ve had good luck with LC orange/white foam pads & M101 using only a DA machine.