PDA

View Full Version : easy-off polish before opti-coat recommendations?

dfoxengr
05-29-2013, 07:51 AM
Could you discuss your favorite polish to use before opti-coat?

I don`t think I want to use my Menzernas or M205 due to more difficult removal.

I`d like to try Optimum spray polish for other reasons, and am thinking that using it would serve my curiosity as well as provide an easy-off/compatible product.

Thanks

Dan
05-29-2013, 09:06 AM
HD Polish, it`s a true standout product.

Driven Auto Detail
05-29-2013, 11:16 AM
The easy answer is Optimum Hyper Polish. It`s a great polish, wipes off effortlessly, and you only need to wipe down the surface with a water-dampened MF towel. Doesn`t get any easier than that.

Scottwax
05-29-2013, 01:10 PM
Moderate to hard paint, I use Optimum Hyper Polish, soft paint I use HD Polish. Both wipe off easily and all I need to do is an ONR wash prior to Opti-Coat.

Thomas Dekany
05-29-2013, 02:16 PM
I second the above, either OPTIMUM, or hd polish. Of course, any polish is fine, as long as you get rid of the oils from it.

dfoxengr
05-29-2013, 03:15 PM
I`m half lazy and half concerned ill miss some oils. For ease of placing my order im going with optimim hyper. Thanks guys for the suggestions.

Guitarist302008
05-29-2013, 05:13 PM
Moderate to hard paint, I use Optimum Hyper Polish, soft paint I use HD Polish. Both wipe off easily and all I need to do is an ONR wash prior to Opti-Coat.

ONR always seemed like a pretty slick finish to me... you haven`t had any problems with the OC setting overtop of it?

Scottwax
05-29-2013, 07:06 PM
ONR always seemed like a pretty slick finish to me... you haven`t had any problems with the OC setting overtop of it?

Not at all, I have some cars with OG/OC on them approaching 4 years now and holding up well.

Richard Grasa
05-29-2013, 07:20 PM
Optimum has stated on their forum that if you use Hyper Polish all you need to do is a wipe down with a damp MF and it will be ready to coat, so I always use that for my final polish prior to Opti-Coat. It`s been fine for me so far on everything from very soft to very hard paint.

David Fermani
05-29-2013, 10:34 PM
Any oily remnants in HD Polish are super easy to remove prior to a coating job. Dawn wash and you`re done. Here is a video (not the best quality) showing how most of the water sheeted off after using Dawn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfqvmSZROoU