PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Botswana

dreadable
05-27-2013, 03:47 PM
Hi everyone

Looking forward to some good reading and advice in this forum. Hopefully soon I will be able to give advice myself.

I`m possibly the first member from Botswana. Live in Gaborone. Rather hot dry climate and quite a dusty town.

Looking to get some advice and tips of the right methods to keep my car looking great and protecting it from our harsh climate.

Curent rides-

1981 BJ 44 Toyota landcruiser fully restored and rebuilt. Colour dark metallic grey

2012 C350 coupe white in colour.

C. Charles Hahn
05-27-2013, 04:13 PM
Wow! Definitely the first I`m aware of from Botswana.... have you looked much into what kind of detailing products/tools are available to you there?

dreadable
05-27-2013, 04:25 PM
Hey Charles. Not much at all actually

Just posted a thread about my dilemma with my MB.

Locals in Botswana do love their cars. Local side of the road car washes are very popular... Normal inside and outside wash costs about US $8. But I have come to recently realize local methods are so terrible that we are doing so much harm to our cars. That`s why I have vowed never to take my cars to one of them again. Would love to educate a few people here on some proper methods of cleaning and polishing their pride and joys.

Actually thinking of maybe stocking some specialized detailing products in my shop. We run a vehicle branding, print and sign shop.

togwt
05-27-2013, 05:45 PM
:welcome: to Autopia dreadable. I`m sure you`ll find all the information you`ll ever need on detailing right here and perhaps try 3D HD car care products

Brad B
05-28-2013, 06:48 AM
Very cool! Welcome!

dreadable
06-04-2013, 03:38 PM
Thanks guys. 3D products all ordered. Should get my 40 series and Merc looking bling shortly.

That nitro seal looks the business. Find myself wishing I had a darker car just to show off the stuff.