PDA

View Full Version : Detailing my first exotic today. Ferrari 360 Modena...any tips?

The Enforcer
05-26-2013, 11:45 AM
I`ve been detailing cars at a "higher end" for a few years, jus as a side gig. Today I`m getting my first high dollar exotic car...a Ferarri 360...red of course. Not nervous at all, I`m confident in my abilities...just didn`t know if anything on these cars should be treated any differently than you average jobs. Carbon brakes, engine bay, etc. Any insight or heads-up on anything in particular on these cars that would help me out would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

I plan on doing the regular 105/205....unless 205 does a nice enough job as a single step.

Randomhero
05-26-2013, 12:10 PM
Congrats on the car, i cant offer any additional insight, but good luck!

I remember detailing my first Porsche, that was an exciting day!

The Enforcer
05-26-2013, 08:03 PM
It`s def not mine, when I said I`m getting it, I meant I`m getting it to detail lol

Randomhero
05-26-2013, 08:40 PM
It`s def not mine, when I said I`m getting it, I meant I`m getting it to detail lol

I know, i meant congrats on landing a big fish. Its a pat on the back (at least to me) when someone trusts me to perform paint surgery on a supercar.

Concours.John
05-27-2013, 10:35 AM
I always tell people to thoroughly look over the vehicles paint. They do not come perfect and more defects than most domestics. Edges especially pay attention to prior to polish. Many have been thinned or burned either from prior details, port repairs, or dealer.

Last thing you want is to find something during that wasn`t your fault. Many new owners find it hard to believe what condition the paint is new. If something looks amiss it probably is. Make sure to let owner know immediately. It`s hard to explain after the detail is done.