PDA

View Full Version : Audi S5 - Opti-Coat Pro - SeaJay`s Detailing

SeaJays
05-21-2013, 06:26 PM
This customer found me through the Optimum website. After looking at a few detailers and talking to them and myself he decided to bring his car to me for an evaluation.

This customer lives 2 hours from me and he was willing to drive the car up so I could take a look at the car and recommend something to him. He was extremely interested in Opti-Coat Pro and had done some research ahead of time.

After seeing the vehicle I recommended a 3 step correction. The car was hammered and he had been taking it to his local brush car wash all winter.

He was also interested in having a clear bra put on the whole front of the car (fenders, full hood, bumper, and side mirrors). I recently partnered with a local guy who will come to my shop and do the clear bra`s for me. This was his first car for me. So, I was pretty worried and kept a close eye on him. He did a very good job and was very detailed. He did put a few minor scratches into the bra when he was applying it, which is common. Nothing major that would cause a lot of attention.

He left the car with me for 3 days to ensure I had plenty of time to get everything done.

The car came out very good. I achieved approx 85-90% correction. There were a lot of deep imperfections and a few remained.

Products Used:

Meg`s Super degreaser 5:1

3oz OptiClean - In foam cannon

Optimum Opti-Bond

Optimum Metal Polish - Exhaust Tips

Chemical Guys Maxi Suds II - 4 oz - 2 in foam cannon and 2 in 3 gallons of water

ONR - Diluted to clay lube strength for claying - as well as for washing in between steps

SM Arnolds Speedy Prep Towel

Iron-X

Stoner`s Tarminator

3M Green Painters tape

CarPro Eraser

Opti-Coat Pro

Opti-Lense

Opti-Glass

HD Uno - On wool pad via rotary

HD Cut/D300 Mix - on Megs MF Cut pad via Rupes 21

HD Polish - on Uber polishing pad and rupes 21

Equipment Used:

2 - 5 gallon buckets - 1 for wheels/Tires and 1 for wash via Garry Dean`s method

Karcher 2000psi Pressure Washer

Foam Cannon

Many various MF towels

Daytona Wheel brush

Tire brush

Fender brush

Small brushes

Makita 9227

Rupes 21

Griots Garage 3" DA

Carpro foam block and suede towels for coating application

Megs`s MF Cutting pads

wool pads (don`t recall the brand)

Uber Polishing pads

Metro Blaster

Kobalt 500w Halogen lights

I put everything together in a little video. Enjoy!

Audi S5 Opti-Coat Pro - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaPa51C_tVI&feature=youtu.be)

(901)
05-21-2013, 09:50 PM
Wish you posted pics. I don`t do videos

Glad to see your busy Jason

SeaJays
05-22-2013, 05:13 AM
Sorry flash. Just was easier to post the vid instead of loading all the pics to photovucket then copying the links to here.

SeaJays
05-22-2013, 05:14 AM
I do have all the pics on my Facebook page though.

Search SeaJay`s detailing and you should find me. If you partake in the social media world.