PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars com question /answer

belcherm58
04-03-2006, 01:11 PM
Get This- I e-mail support about some new products in their Detailer line.The question was about the dressings and I named the 3 I was considering.They have a new water based dressing one called a solvent based and their old all season dressing. I wanted it for wheel wells and underbody and want it to last based on the wet enviroment. I won`t quote him directly.
He replied that the detailer line was for professionals and were of limited distributuon and was sold by the pallet and therefore was not easy to find the new products WTH? I already know who is going to sell it. I also know where I can buy the whole line of Detailer products. I felt like a child being told I was not tall enough to ride whatever. I then go to the Meguiars forum and get the info I wanted jiffy quick. If you have much knowledge
about their products at all and you want an answer about them, I suggest you join their forum. At least you know many people who use Meguiars products will see your product question answer you like your half way intelligent.

PaBlkBrd
04-03-2006, 04:48 PM
Thats very unusual for them to have an inexperienced person interacting with their customer base. If you were looking into Hyper Dressing, go for it . GREAT STUFF!

belcherm58
04-03-2006, 11:30 PM
I thought that by exibiting knowledge about the product line I would be answered in a professional manner. I notice that all of the Detailer line says they are intended to be use by professionals if they are worried about liability of product use or waste disposal. I did not tell the person I was not a professional and the way I asked the question was not where to get but
a professional question about the designed use of the products and knowledge of the results of each products against the specific requirements that I stated in my question. Follow that? No pun intended. I mean they should knwo what the product will do and i said what I wanted it to do. Answer the question. Not tell me it was not intended for me to use. How does he know?

Big Leegr
04-04-2006, 08:41 AM
Well, as I don`t know the exact wording of either post, I`ll just add that sometimes when reading through lots of replies quickly (I`m sure Meguiar`s gets a few e-mails a day) sometimes the actual meaning isn`t caught and a general "impression" is all one gets, so they may not actually answer in the manner the question was asked. Maybe they were rushed, had a bad day, or even somebody talking to them as they were trying to address your concerns. If this is your only bad experience with them, maybe give them another chance?
I`ve had some companies that are very appreciative of being given a chance to "redeem" themselves. Of course, there are others that couldn`t seem to care less. :(

joe.p
04-04-2006, 09:05 AM
Well, as I don`t know the exact wording of either post, I`ll just add that sometimes when reading through lots of replies quickly (I`m sure Meguiar`s gets a few e-mails a day) sometimes the actual meaning isn`t caught and a general "impression" is all one gets, so they may not actually answer in the manner the question was asked. Maybe they were rushed, had a bad day, or even somebody talking to them as they were trying to address your concerns. If this is your only bad experience with them, maybe give them another chance?
I`ve had some companies that are very appreciative of being given a chance to "redeem" themselves. Of course, there are others that couldn`t seem to care less. :(
very well said!!!

Joe's Detail
04-04-2006, 10:33 AM

Yeah i agree with Big Leegr, you should give them another chance. I have always had great customer service from Meguiars. It could of just been that one guy, I wouldn`t stop using meg;s just b/c of him.

belcherm58
04-04-2006, 10:45 AM
I won`t stop using Meguiars. Meguiars has some good products. I was
just ranting about the customer contact. I am over it now. LOL
I am saying that if you want an answer about their products the Meguiars
forum is more apt to give you the answer you are looking for. I joined it
the other day and there is a lot of good info about Meguiars products and
they have a neat little feature that e-mails you when there is a reply to
your forum post. Also, They started a monthly contest for replying to the
contest post every month. This months prize..... A Porter Cable polisher!
If you use any of their products... Join the forum. You won`t be sorry.