PDA

View Full Version : Griots 6" VS HD Polisher

agtjamesb007
05-11-2013, 03:07 AM
Anybody use both the Griots 6" Polisher and the HD Polisher. I am a beginner with machine polishers, not looking to do any major correction. some finesse, polish and mostly wax application. Maybe some correction down the road however. I think I narrowed it down to these two machines, but not sure which. I am not aware of a warranty for the HD and can only seem to find it directly through the manufacturer, and don`t hear much about. However the price for the kit is a great buy. The GG I am hearing alot of good things about and I like the Lifetime warranty. Any thoughts / opinions?

peacemaker
05-13-2013, 07:32 AM
I have been eyeing the GG6 and Harbor Freight (HF) DA polisher. Through my research, it seems as though the HF and HD polishers use the same manufacturer--they look identical, have identical part numbers, etc.

Usually goes on sale for $59.99 - plus you can use a 20% coupon. I would add this into your consideration.

tom p.
05-13-2013, 07:51 AM
Guys: http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing-product-discussion/142910-harbor-freight-6-da.html

Envious Eric
05-13-2013, 09:13 AM
HF is just as good as the PCXP

the griots is better...higher speeds, less vibrations, and more power. harder to bog down as well.

pwaug
05-13-2013, 09:55 AM
Guys: http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing-product-discussion/142910-harbor-freight-6-da.html

I agree the HF is basically the same as the HD polisher, but by the time you add in all the things included with the HD polisher (case, 5" backing plate, HD Speed, pads, MF towels) the HD is a better deal.

IHA Mark
05-13-2013, 10:38 AM
HF is just as good as the PCXP

the griots is better...higher speeds, less vibrations, and more power. harder to bog down as well.

I have the HD version and can tell you it is much better than the PCXP. Speed 4 on the HD has as much power as speed 4 on the PCXP.

The reliability is an issue with the HD but it is a beast power wise compared to the PC.