PDA

View Full Version : Trading products between members?

LikeaRock
04-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Seems like a number of people do this, maybe we can do it as a group? I`m sending Joyride some Wipe N Shine in exchange for some FK dressing. I recently traded some sealant for a cleaner I`ve never used before with another member of another forum.
I was thinking...why don`t we just make a thread listing what products we would like to try, and what products you have for trade. When another member has what you want and you have what they want, voila (sp) a trade.

Just a thought...It`s raining, so I`m stuck at home for today :(

jaybs02
04-03-2006, 11:17 AM
The problem with that is that there is a no sell/trade policy here at DC.
So if a thread like that was started it would be removed.

Sorry, but that was decided some time ago.

"J"

AutopiaAdmin
04-03-2006, 11:28 AM
What members do on their own is their own business. We had too many issues with member to member transactions so we decided that it was best if this was not something that we allowed or endorsed on the forums.

Thanks,

Dwayne

LikeaRock
04-03-2006, 11:33 AM
What members do on their own is their own business. We had too many issues with member to member transactions so we decided that it was best if this was not something that we allowed or endorsed on the forums.

Thanks,

Dwayne
Aha, wasn`t aware of that...doh!
Thanks for letting me know though!

CharlesW
04-03-2006, 11:58 AM

Thanks,

DwayneThis kind of reads like it`s OK to discuss trades in PM`s, right?
What`s the feeling about a member posting that they might be interested in trying a product with the thought that other members might PM if interested?

Charles

AutopiaAdmin
04-03-2006, 12:03 PM
This kind of reads like it`s OK to discuss trades in PM`s, right?
What`s the feeling about a member posting that they might be interested in trying a product with the thought that other members might PM if interested?

Charles

I`d rather not see that kind of post. It`s almost the same as "I have something to sell, PM me if interested."

Discussing trades is fine via PM between members that are not affiliated with a company that manufactures or distributes car care products. We just don`t want the public forums used as a tool to generate these PM`s. Hundreds of "PM me for more information" threads do nothing for the Detail City Forum goal of becoming an informative resource.

Thanks,

Dwayne

Bill D
04-03-2006, 12:05 PM
That policy makes great sense to me. :bigups

joe.p
04-03-2006, 12:07 PM
OHHH not a good thread. I had the same thought and wasn`t aware this wasn`t allowed when i joined. Other forums do allow it with no problems..

CharlesW
04-03-2006, 12:07 PM
I`d rather not see that kind of post. It`s almost the same as "I have something to sell, PM me if interested."

Discussing trades is fine via PM between members that are not affiliated with a company that manufactures or distributes car care products. We just don`t want the public forums used as a tool to generate these PM`s. Hundreds of "PM me for more information" threads do nothing for the Detail City Forum goal of becoming an informative resource.

Thanks,

DwayneMakes sense.
I knew it was a pretty fine line when I asked the question and wasn`t even considering the "selling products" aspect.

Charles