PDA

View Full Version : Optimum No Rinse from 2008, Still good to use?

noil
05-08-2013, 10:04 PM
I ran out of my current ONR and found an old bottle from 2008 hidden in my cleaning products. I didnt want to wait 7+ days to get a new bottle (ordering + shipping) since I wanted to wash my car for the weekend. Does anyone know if the product is still good or do you think it`s better off just ordering a new bottle?

I`ve also been looking at old waxes I`ve had since 2010, is there an article on the longevity of products? I have waxes, sealants that I still have plenty of.

brownbob06
05-08-2013, 11:39 PM
I know some guys on here still have super old wax they use. 3 years old should be ok depending on the wax and where it was stored...

So I guess a little more info I needed i.e. what waxes, where were they stored and climate of where they were stored

togwt
05-09-2013, 03:48 AM
TOGWT® Autopia Blogs – TOGWT: Product Storage and Shelf Life (http://togwt1980.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/product-storage-and-shelf-life.html)

Paul Sparks
05-09-2013, 07:20 AM
That original ONR is toast. Please send it to me for disposal lol. Seriously it should be fine. I have a gallon of the same and use it without any problems.I got a deal on it quite a long time ago and it has taken me a while to use it all up.

Dan
05-09-2013, 09:28 AM
It`s fine, I still have some from around then. Even my spray bottles that are stored in a car that is outside 24x7 seem fine. It is a very stable product.