PDA

View Full Version : Wax for crystal white pearl

Pages : [1] 2

Greg Ayo
05-07-2013, 09:36 AM
Hey all

Summers here and I`m going to do my detail!

Right now I`m using collonite 845 for my wax, I was wondering if anybody recommended something else that could make my paint shine even more! Any recommendations!

I have a 2007 Mazda 3 crystal white pearl

Thanks

Greg

Accumulator
05-07-2013, 10:05 AM
Greg Ayo- IMO the 845 oughta look fine on Mazda paint, so maybe it just needs a different (finishing) polish.

tom p.
05-07-2013, 10:06 AM
Greg, what products do you currently own? What kind of shape is the paint in? When was your last comprehensive polishing session?

Dan
05-07-2013, 10:21 AM
845 is one of my favorites on white for a daily driver, its going to be tough to beat. NXT, Z2, and Optiseal also look great.

E-Jag
05-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Hit it with a couple coats of 845 and spray it every couple weeks with Aquawax. Doesn`t get much better than that. I apply 845 over Duragloss 105 or 501 but that`s just me.

Wasatch
05-07-2013, 01:27 PM
A sealant will give it a different look.

togwt
05-07-2013, 03:28 PM
Light Reflective Value (LRV)

The average blackest black has a light reflection value (LRV) of approximately 5% and the whitest white is approximately 85%. Some yellows can measure up into the 80`s or 90`s as well. All colours fit in between these two extremes. A colour with an LRV of 50 will reflect 50% of the light that falls on it, and one with an LRV of 23 will reflect 23% of the light, and so on.

Think of a reflective value as a numerical version of a grey value scale for colours, roughly like this-

Pure White - 100, White -95, Light - 80, Low Light - 65, Medium - 50, High Dark - 35, Dark – 20

Wax-the applications of Carnauba (Pinnacle Souverän™ Paste Wax) that will provide oils to provide a ‘wet-look’ to the surface and will also provide a transparent surface when layered without yellowing or discoloration, with a depth of shine by providing a two-dimensional surface.

Light coloured paint -i.e. Silver, White, etc (the exception is speed yellow) will never obtain jetting (the so called ‘wet-look’) of black or dark colours as they do not exhibit visible depth, light colours tends to reflect light instead of absorbing it and providing a 2-dimentional look.

You can obtain a good gloss provided the paint is good quality and if it’s prepared and detailed correctly; washed, cleaned, polished and a polymer sealant added (Zaino, Klasse AIO and SG, Jeff Werkstatt - Acrylic Jett ) these sealants will provide a flat silvery-white shine, but without ‘depth’ the exception is Zaino Clear Seal, Z-CS).

TOGWT® Autopia Blogs - TOGWT: Detailing and Care of White and Light colored Paint (http://togwt1980.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/detailing-and-care-of-white-and-light.html)

Fallz
05-08-2013, 12:03 PM
Hit it with a couple coats of 845 and spray it every couple weeks with Aquawax. Doesn`t get much better than that. I apply 845 over Duragloss 105 or 501 but that`s just me.

I would have to agree. A great combo. AW really brings out the shine.

Greg Ayo
05-08-2013, 09:05 PM
Greg, what products do you currently own? What kind of shape is the paint in? When was your last comprehensive polishing session?

My paint is in pristine condition. Detailed twice a year since day 1!

Greg Ayo- IMO the 845 oughta look fine on Mazda paint, so maybe it just needs a different (finishing) polish.

I use Meg`s DA microfibres compound.

Then menzerna SF 4500

Then collonite 845

Clay before compound

Ch96067
05-09-2013, 01:18 PM
If shine (as in reflective mirror like shine) is what you are reffering to then a sealant probably (from a theory point of view) can give you that.

Haven`t had much luck with OS (still love it due to ease of application). You can always try the FK1000p which has been known to work well on light colours. It has done well on my wheat beige VW.

Let us know how you do and put a pic or 2 from the result.

Greg Ayo
05-10-2013, 09:02 AM
If shine (as in reflective mirror like shine) is what you are reffering to then a sealant probably (from a theory point of view) can give you that.

Haven`t had much luck with OS (still love it due to ease of application). You can always try the FK1000p which has been known to work well on light colours. It has done well on my wheat beige VW.

Let us know how you do and put a pic or 2 from the result.

Terrific! I just made an order and ordered some FK1000P. I`m supposed to put that before or after collonite

tom p.
05-10-2013, 09:47 AM
Terrific! I just made an order and ordered some FK1000P. I`m supposed to put that before or after collonite

My (our) best recommendation will be to clean/polish and do two layers of the FK 1000p and assess the result. You shall be in for a very pleasant surprise.

Accumulator
05-10-2013, 10:04 AM
Greg Ayo- OK, after that Menzerna you should be all set.

Good call on the FK1000P, it`s basically replaced Collinite for me and it does have a different look. I`m kinda confident that you`ll like it better :xyxthumbs

Use it *instead* of the Collinite,not before/after. Think of the FK as a "paste sealant" as in, don`t mix with waxes. You don`t want to top it lest you lose its signature look.

Resist the temptation to layer FK1000P more than 2X in any single session, but adding more after a couple of washes is a great way to stay ahead of the curve. Same ol` same ol`...thin thin thin.

SON1C
05-10-2013, 10:44 AM
could possibly interest you

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing-product-discussion/144806-son1c-synopsis-37-dodo-juice-carnauba-waxes-light-fantastic-soft-wax-review.html

Junebug
05-13-2013, 01:07 PM
Autoglym HD, BFWD or Dodo Hard Candy - either one will make white look great. It`s hard to beat the ease of use of BFWD though.