PDA

View Full Version : Klasse and Sonus

ravs
05-07-2013, 12:44 AM
I have learned a lot from this forum in the last couple of months. I recently bought a new Ford Explorer ( Color - White Platinum Tri-Coat ). All the detailing products I have bought until now are the result of browsing this forum. At present after doing a ONR wash, claying, applying Klasse AIO, I have applied 2 coats of KSG. I want to apply at least couple of more coats of KSG. I have quite a few questions before I proceed further :

1. Before applying the 3rd coat of KSG, should I again wash with ONR and Clay or should I just use Sonus Acrylic Spritz and continue with the 3rd coat ( Last coat was applied 1 week ago ).

2. Does anybody has experience how the ONR and KSG behave with each other ? According to some posts the Collinite 845 and ONR doesn`t work good with each other.

3. Has anybody applied Sonus Acrylic Glanz between coats of KSG ? If yes any feedback will be appreciated.

4. For the trim I am using 1z Einszett products. How often should I apply it ( Weather - I am based at Calgary, Canada) ?

5. Lot of members here don`t like dusters like the California Duster ? What are the alternatives for day to day removal of dust ?

Thanks in advance !

Randomhero
05-07-2013, 02:06 AM
I have learned a lot from this forum in the last couple of months. I recently bought a new Ford Explorer ( Color - White Platinum Tri-Coat ). All the detailing products I have bought until now are the result of browsing this forum. At present after doing a ONR wash, claying, applying Klasse AIO, I have applied 2 coats of KSG. I want to apply at least couple of more coats of KSG. I have quite a few questions before I proceed further :

1. Before applying the 3rd coat of KSG, should I again wash with ONR and Clay or should I just use Sonus Acrylic Spritz and continue with the 3rd coat ( Last coat was applied 1 week ago ).

2. Does anybody has experience how the ONR and KSG behave with each other ? According to some posts the Collinite 845 and ONR doesn`t work good with each other.

3. Has anybody applied Sonus Acrylic Glanz between coats of KSG ? If yes any feedback will be appreciated.

4. For the trim I am using 1z Einszett products. How often should I apply it ( Weather - I am based at Calgary, Canada) ?

5. Lot of members here don`t like dusters like the California Duster ? What are the alternatives for day to day removal of dust ?

Thanks in advance !

1. Absolutely do not clay bar after using KSG, it will remove the coats of KSG you already applied.

2. No clue, i doubt it would have any effect.

3. Use Sonus Glanz after each wash to bolster the KSG coating. You could also do a 4:1 mix of Meguiar`s Quik Detailer and KSG for a cheap version.

Dan
05-07-2013, 09:17 AM
1. Wash then KSG, no need for clay

2. ONR and KSG play well together.

3. It`ll be fine, but you can make your own spritz, just add 3 parts water to one part KSG, works just like the Sonus stuff.

5. Washing

TroyScherer
05-07-2013, 09:23 AM
I agree with the guys above.

1. Wash then apply a new layer KSG

2. ONR and KSG play well together.

3. I use Sonus Acrylic Glanz post wash as a top up. It works great. But Dan is right 3 parts water to one part KSG works as well.

4. I would apply it as needed. I`m not really sure as different location have different needs.

5. ONR Wash or Waterless wash (UWWP+)

Accumulator
05-07-2013, 10:12 AM
I have learned applied 2 coats of KSG. I want to apply at least couple of more coats of KSG. I have quite a few questions before I proceed further :

As noted, you should be able to just apply more KSG without claying. And I`d get six layers on there before switching to the Sonus Acrylic Spritz (don`t expect *too* much from it...I use/like/recommend it, but it`s nothing like more KSG).

BUT...I`ve used Sonus SFX clay on KSG countless times, very gently just to "clean the KSG". Works fine, doesn`t strip it as long as you do it properly (lots of lube, minimal pressure).

2. Does anybody has experience how the ONR and KSG behave with each other ? According to some posts the Collinite 845 and ONR doesn`t work good with each other...

I don`t use ONR on KSG, but AFAIK they`ve sorted out whatever made it strip 845.

Is this different from the Sonus Acrylic Spritz? Sorry, I`m not up-to-date on this stuff

Why not just use the Klasse twins on the trim instead?

Otherwise, I`d reapply *before* you can see that it needs doing.

There are no alternatives to a proper wash, at least not IMO. I don`t touch the paint between washes. If/when it gets dusty, well...that`s life in the real world :nixweiss I`d rather have marring-free paint that`s covered with dust than marred up paint that`s "clean" all the time, but that`s just me.

ravs
05-07-2013, 08:02 PM
[quote name=`Accumulator`]

Why not just use the Klasse twins on the trim instead?

Currently I am using "1Z Einszett Plastic Vinyl Deep Cleaner" and " 1Z Einszett Vinyl Rubber Care and Protectant " . Will the Klasse twins will give a similar or better look and last longer ?

Once again " Thanks " for all the replies !

Accumulator
05-08-2013, 09:59 AM
..Currently I am using "1Z Einszett Plastic Vinyl Deep Cleaner" and " 1Z Einszett Vinyl Rubber Care and Protectant " . Will the Klasse twins will give a similar or better look and last longer ?

Note that I`ve never used those two products.

People do like the cleaner, oughta be good stuff. I`m just not in favor of a "dressing" (i.e., protectant) approach for exterior trim.

I do like Rubber Care products from 1Z and Wurth, just not for this.

Yeah, I`ve done fine with the Klasse twins. Many here use a combo of KAIO + Collinite 845.

Or use the Ultima trim sealant.

FWIW, I "treat" my exterior trim with ValuGard`s Fast Finish QD after every wash. Takes only a moment while drying and works *GREAT*.

These approaches might seem weird, but they work so much better for me than the usual ones!

Kean
05-08-2013, 06:47 PM

Personally, I just use forced air either from my compressor or leaf blower to remove any light, loose dust from my vehicles if they are still relatively clean. Anything that “sticks” gets addressed during the next wash. Windows (and sometimes wheels) are the exception for me. I will occasionally clean the wheel faces with a QD or rinseless wash after blowing off the rest of the car but the outside of the windows get cleaned 2 - 3 times a week on our DD. …..simply because I can’t stand looking through dirty windows when I drive. I will say that after switching to ceramic pads on my weekend car and now my wife’s car/daily driver made a big difference in the wheels staying cleaner looking for much longer.

ravs
05-08-2013, 11:54 PM
Note that I`ve never used those two products.

People do like the cleaner, oughta be good stuff. I`m just not in favor of a "dressing" (i.e., protectant) approach for exterior trim.

I do like Rubber Care products from 1Z and Wurth, just not for this.

Yeah, I`ve done fine with the Klasse twins. Many here use a combo of KAIO + Collinite 845.

Or use the Ultima trim sealant.

FWIW, I "treat" my exterior trim with ValuGard`s Fast Finish QD after every wash. Takes only a moment while drying and works *GREAT*.

These approaches might seem weird, but they work so much better for me than the usual ones!

Unfortunately Valugard products are not available in Canada. I tried unsuccessfully to get their " ABC" system.

ravs
05-08-2013, 11:55 PM
Personally, I just use forced air either from my compressor or leaf blower to remove any light, loose dust from my vehicles if they are still relatively clean. Anything that “sticks” gets addressed during the next wash. Windows (and sometimes wheels) are the exception for me. I will occasionally clean the wheel faces with a QD or rinseless wash after blowing off the rest of the car but the outside of the windows get cleaned 2 - 3 times a week on our DD. …..simply because I can’t stand looking through dirty windows when I drive. I will say that after switching to ceramic pads on my weekend car and now my wife’s car/daily driver made a big difference in the wheels staying cleaner looking for much longer.

Interesting approach ! I will try it !

Accumulator
05-10-2013, 09:11 AM
Unfortunately Valugard products are not available in Canada. I tried unsuccessfully to get their " ABC" system.

Huh...wonder if the local Ford dealers can get it :think: