PDA

View Full Version : Reusing ONR w/ Garry Dean Method???

screeby
05-06-2013, 06:42 PM
So lets say you have a large bucket with a lid. Inside you have your microfiber towels all ready to go in the ONR solution, more then you`ll need. You wash a small to medium car and have more then half the towels left.

Can you wash your "dirty" microfiber towels and once dry, put them at the bottom of the stack?

In theory, if you have the lid the solution shouldn`t be at risk of contamination.

Am I just dutch? :)

I just rarely have the time to wash and work on both vehicles at one time and I`m looking for a short cut for the second vehicle.

Legacy
05-06-2013, 06:48 PM
So lets say you have a large bucket with a lid. Inside you have your microfiber towels all ready to go in the ONR solution, more then you`ll need. You wash a small to medium car and have more then half the towels left.

Can you wash your "dirty" microfiber towels and once dry, put them at the bottom of the stack?

In theory, if you have the lid the solution shouldn`t be at risk of contamination.

Am I just dutch? :)

I just rarely have the time to wash and work on both vehicles at one time and I`m looking for a short cut for the second vehicle.

IMO you could put the just washed (damp) towels back into the bucket with no issues.

Dan
05-06-2013, 06:48 PM
In theory yes, but in reality, unless you use distilled water, the ONR seems to lose slickness and change color after it sits for a few days.

Wasatch
05-06-2013, 08:24 PM
It will definitely change color after a few years. Is it still good to use?

screeby
05-06-2013, 09:09 PM
I had planned on using distilled water.

Didn`t think the drying thing through, no need to dry something to put it back into water.

I may try this, it may seem small, but it would speed up the wash prep time which is crucial with a one year old in the house.

Time has never been so precious... :)

vtextc
05-06-2013, 11:38 PM
Time has never been so precious... :)

Isn`t that the truth? We have a two year old, and I wake up at 6am on weekends just to have a little quality detail time to myself!

Asif

Dan
05-07-2013, 09:21 AM
Isn`t that the truth? We have a two year old, and I wake up at 6am on weekends just to have a little quality detail time to myself!

The waking up part is easy, its sneaking out with out waking the kids that is the hard part!!!

Accumulator
05-07-2013, 10:13 AM
My (older version/batch) of ONR still seems OK even after the color fades :nixweiss