PDA

View Full Version : problem with pressure washer

brownbob06
04-30-2013, 05:01 PM
I didn`t know where else to post this so I`ll try it here.

I know this isn`t really a detailing question but since so many here use pressure washers I was thinking maybe I could get some help here.

I picked up a pressure washer free from my step dad`s sister. It`s a gas blue max 2200 psi 1.6 GPM pressure washer. The gun was all broken so that got scrapped right away. When my brother and I first tried to get it running it wouldn`t start at all except with ether, then it would only fire and run with ether sprayed in it. We cleaned the carb out and it would only run on choke. We cleaned the carb out more and now it runs good.

The problem is that I put a gun and hose on it that was on my electric pressure washer that went bad, I think it was a 16-1800 psi pressure washer. The thing is that I feel like I got more pressure out of the 16-1800 psi pressure washer than I am the 2200 psi washer. Is it possible that the problem is the gun is made for a lower pressure gun or is there something in the pump that may need cleaned out? I don`t have another hose and wand to try right now and don`t want to spend the money on it if it`s not going to fix my problem.

There IS pressure, just not as much as I was expecting from 2200 psi. Any suggestions on troubleshooting this? I`ve searched online and all I can seem to find is info on washers that have no pressure at all.

thanks in advance and like I said, I know this isn`t a pressure washing forum, but a lot of detailers use them so maybe you guys have some suggestions...

dfoxengr
05-01-2013, 09:40 AM
there is normally a pressure adjustment where you tighten a spring which has a plunger that acts as a pressure regulator in the pump unit.

brownbob06
05-01-2013, 11:44 AM
I`ll look around for it and see if I can find anything. I looked around online and couldn`t find a user manual for it to see if there was a simple solution like this.