PDA

View Full Version : Spill or Spray behind plastic dashboard stereo window

cid73
04-25-2013, 11:04 AM
I have a 2008 Lexus RX 350 with what looks like some spray cleaner or something that got behind the plastic window of my stereo`s CD display. Does anyone have any ideas on how to clean it?

Spots behind plastic display screen - Imgur (http://imgur.com/Dpaex7b)

Anyone have an easy way to clean the inside of this plastic stereo display window? - Imgur (http://imgur.com/Bz0ZelJ)

Ron Ketcham
04-25-2013, 11:27 AM
Nope, other than to remove the unit and send it to the manufacturer to see if they can replace the damaged part.

08xB
04-25-2013, 11:28 AM
That is why I refuse to use a Tornador. Blasting pressurized liquid into electronics just doesn`t seem like a very good idea. If not the result of a Tornador, it definitely looks as if a cleaner was pushed in with pressurized air. Look at the streaks... If it just permeated on its own, gravity would have just pulled the droplets straight down. Instead, the streaks are angled indicating pressurized air was used.

As far as getting it out... Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Nth Degree
04-25-2013, 11:59 AM
Try a stereo installation place. They might know if the face can be pried off, cleaned and replaced. I`m doubting it, but it`s your best chance. Or try the dealership.

cid73
04-25-2013, 12:08 PM
Try a stereo installation place. They might know if the face can be pried off, cleaned and replaced. I`m doubting it, but it`s your best chance. Or try the dealership.

Dealership said they`d have to take it apart.

Thanks for the quick responses everyone- I`m pretty bummed about it. Didn`t think it would be this hard to clean it.

cid73
04-25-2013, 12:10 PM
Look at the streaks... If it just perpetrated on its own, gravity would have just pulled the droplets straight down. Instead, the streaks are angled indicating pressurized air was used.

That`s what I was thinking as well. Doesn`t look like just some liquid was spilled there- looks like it was pressurized and shot into it.