PDA

View Full Version : Driver door keyed 2012 mustang gt kona blue metallic repair options

FCrites
04-17-2013, 07:08 PM
Thanks for listening, here are my questions:

Repair shop stated the would re-shoot the door and blend side panels about wheel well to wheel well. Other gt owners have said they would not settle for blending, would insist on a bumper to bumper re-shoot their reasoning is the blending would never be right on a metallic paint job thereby reducing re-sale.

Secondary question: I have a choice between a reputable third party insurance "Nationwide Blue ribbon" or the same level at a local ford dealer. First option`s I know manager and he is mustang owner as well, I have seen his garage/ racer queen and not a single halo, swirl etc. The Ford dealer I have no relationship with.

TMSLamboDay3.jpg Photo by HDDCrasher | Photobucket (http://s1054.photobucket.com/user/HDDCrasher/media/TMSLamboDay3.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2#/user/HDDCrasher/media/TMSLamboDay3.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2&_suid=136624345253605477342354820578)

Here is before pic, all keying is on top section of driver door.

Thanks

(901)
04-17-2013, 07:54 PM
If you paint bumper to bumper the hood/trunk won`t match. Sounds like the repair shop knows what they are talking about (wheel well to wheel well) IMO

Thanks for listening, here are my questions:

Repair shop stated the would re-shoot the door and blend side panels about wheel well to wheel well. Other gt owners have said they would not settle for blending, would insist on a bumper to bumper re-shoot their reasoning is the blending would never be right on a metallic paint job thereby reducing re-sale.

Secondary question: I have a choice between a reputable third party insurance "Nationwide Blue ribbon" or the same level at a local ford dealer. First option`s I know manager and he is mustang owner as well, I have seen his garage/ racer queen and not a single halo, swirl etc. The Ford dealer I have no relationship with.

TMSLamboDay3.jpg Photo by HDDCrasher | Photobucket (http://s1054.photobucket.com/user/HDDCrasher/media/TMSLamboDay3.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2#/user/HDDCrasher/media/TMSLamboDay3.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2&_suid=136624345253605477342354820578)

Here is before pic, all keying is on top section of driver door.

Thanks

FCrites
04-17-2013, 08:00 PM
Thanks, what I meant to say was some are advising to paint the whole car due to the metallic paint job vs any partial repair.

PS: I may have placed this in the wrong forim area, If any moderator want to move, please do.